Anyone ever had a really silly moment behind the wheel?

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
What I mean is, has anyone ever done something behind the wheel that is really really silly/dangerous and then thought shittttt what the hell happened there!?!

Basically I was driving through Ipswich earlier this evening after I'd been to see a mate, was waiting at a set of lights at a massive crossroads and when I pulled off (on auto-pilot as its a journey I've done 1,000,000 times) for reason I do not know I turned too early and found myself driving up a double lane road the wrong way!!! Luckily there was nothing coming (if there was I probably would'nt have made the mistake) but it was certainly the quickest I've ever turned any car around! Just a lapse of concentration momentarily, on a road I know like the back of my hand, won't be doing again in a hurry phewww!

Wondered if anyone else has any funny stories if they're brave enough to admit it!

Before anyone slates me, I was'nt driving fast at all, and I was'nt under the influence! Just a pure weird mistake.

easty-5

Member +
lol that is quite funny.

Nothing like yours, but I put my foot down in 2nd gear coming off a roundabout in the pissing rain in the MR2. As you can probably imagine, the rear end went wild. Luckily I managed to hold it. It only then just clicked that I wasnt in a FWD car anymore lol. I felt a right d!ck.

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Know exactly where your coming from lol! I had a rev1 mr2 before the starlet, had a mind of it's own in the wet :homer:

davehart

Member +
What I mean is, has anyone ever done something behind the wheel that is really really silly/dangerous and then thought shittttt what the hell happened there!?!

Basically I was driving through Ipswich earlier this evening after I'd been to see a mate, was waiting at a set of lights at a massive crossroads and when I pulled off (on auto-pilot as its a journey I've done 1,000,000 times) for reason I do not know I turned too early and found myself driving up a double lane road the wrong way!!! Luckily there was nothing coming (if there was I probably would'nt have made the mistake) but it was certainly the quickest I've ever turned any car around! Just a lapse of concentration momentarily, on a road I know like the back of my hand, won't be doing again in a hurry phewww!

Wondered if anyone else has any funny stories if they're brave enough to admit it!

Before anyone slates me, I was'nt driving fast at all, and I was'nt under the influence! Just a pure weird mistake.

Your not the only one to do that :)

Late one night after a hard day at work pulling right from some traffic lighst I went up the wrong side of the road. Luckily it was dark, 2am and nobody about to see what a twat I'd just made of meself :)

Gilly2006

Member +
i did something abit silly the other day, booted it down a country lane came to a left hand medium bend and followed it round, don't know why i touched the brakes (but i did) threw the whole car out of proportion and the back end flew out and then managed to get it back, must have been doing about 65 when it stepped out.

i knew what id done wrong but you will always have those little happenings!

affy

Lifer
wonder how your story compares to mine :haha:, forgetfullness or stupidity

i drove all the way from london to manchester without an oil cap, i reliazed after 180miles but for some reason i carried on driving (please dont ask why i just did :homer:) untill i heard a weird sound...............btw am stil using the same block and its been fine.been over a year now :haha:

ChrisGT

Member +
wonder how your story compares to mine :haha:, forgetfullness or stupidity

i drove all the way from london to manchester without an oil cap, i reliazed after 180miles but for some reason i carried on driving (please dont ask why i just did :homer:) untill i heard a weird sound...............btw am stil using the same block and its been fine.been over a year now :haha:

Remind me not to buy your GT. lulz.

affy

Lifer
Remind me not to buy your GT. lulz.

oi, its runnig fine ;), am sure it would have gave up by now..............i've done over 1000 miles now, aint i lucky peeps? :p

who ever buys my engine will be buying a rare one, because it didnt die :haha:

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
Glad I'm not the only one to have done it haha!

Back end stepping out at 65 lol bet your backside twitched a little! :p

Things like the oil cap can be very easily done! I've very nearly done the same with my radiator cap before, but luckily I did remember to put it back on. Going back a few years I had a mate who owned a blue nova (it was actually clean as fook!) but one day after changing the front pads, he put the wheels back on and just nipped up the wheel nuts so that he could lower the car back down, but he then forgot to tighten them up properly! You can guess what happened! .......................

Fro

Member +
lol that is quite funny.

Nothing like yours, but I put my foot down in 2nd gear coming off a roundabout in the pissing rain in the MR2. As you can probably imagine, the rear end went wild. Luckily I managed to hold it. It only then just clicked that I wasnt in a FWD car anymore lol. I felt a right d!ck.

Did you not have a moment in your 106 that seen you facing the wrong way in the middle of a roundabout!? :drive:

Coming back from T in the park one year we stopped at macdonalds and it was a proper hot summers day, everyone in the car had hardly any clothes on (my kinda party!) still a bit lean from the weekend, everyone in the car fucking around blasting tunes and what not.
I tried to pull out a junction using the small amount of my brain that was left in tact, im unsure what actually happened but i mounted a 12" kerb pulling it right out the ground and landed in a bit wasteground :homer:
Worst part was it was kind of in slow motion and just as it was about to impact i heard my mate from the back, "what the fuck are you doing!?"
It was too late.
Man i sometimes wonder how i ever made it home from there :slap:

Dan507

Member +
I haven't yet, but when i was in the car with my father in-law, we were talking, i guessed that he wasn't paying attention. and drove thought a red light (was late and dark) and in mid conversation he said, "that was a red light wasn't it, BOLLOCKS!" and carried on with what he was saying. Was quite funny :)

Jay

Admin
Certainly done my fair share of dumbass manoeuvres in my time.

Nothing I would admit to though.. lol

Fro

Member +
Glad I'm not the only one to have done it haha!

Back end stepping out at 65 lol bet your backside twitched a little! :p

Things like the oil cap can be very easily done! I've very nearly done the same with my radiator cap before, but luckily I did remember to put it back on. Going back a few years I had a mate who owned a blue nova (it was actually clean as fook!) but one day after changing the front pads, he put the wheels back on and just nipped up the wheel nuts so that he could lower the car back down, but he then forgot to tighten them up properly! You can guess what happened! .......................

I bought a 1.8 16v clio, took my mum to the shops the next day, coming down the bypass at 65ish, sounded like something fell off the car, im like, "wtf!?" soon found out when i got to the roundabout, it was the back brakepad :homer:

Derek

Lifer
Had a few moments in my glanza, accidental lift off over steer.:eek::eek::eek: red face and brown pants all rolled into one.

affy

Lifer
Certainly done my fair share of dumbass manoeuvres in my time.

Nothing I would admit to though.. lol

and theres me thinking what a fool i made of myself :haha:

spills the beans jay..........dont worry am sure it wont be in the top ten "uk's dumbest manoeuvres" :p

think we should have top 50 list ;)

mine i can say 100% is just a minor compared to you lot :D

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Pulled into a mates house and rapped the door out of it as he doesnt get up until late,wa kindly told he lives next door.
Yea...that sucked