Anyone got a HDTV with a ps2?

goldenvtr

Member +
Just order a 26" samsung HDTV for my room and im going to get the componant cable, to make the most of the ps2 untill i get a ps3 (when gt5 gets released lol)

Just wondering how much diffrence there is from a normal tv to a hdtv on the playstations graphics? i only ever play gran turismo 4 so let me know how it is :D

Monkfish

Member +
Depends what TV you've been running on. If it's a fairly high end one to start with, you won't notice the difference as the PS2 doesn't have a HD output, but if you're used to playing on a 21" equivilent of the SsangYong then you'll notice a big improvement. :)

goldenvtr

Member +
ive been using a 19" shity TV but occasinaly take it downstairs on the Aldi brand 32" tevion TV lol i know they dont support HD but the componant cable form what ive read should give a good diffrence, and iveread that gt4 supports the 1080 HDTV but i didt want to spent that much and have to go for a 42" minimum lol.

the TV i orderd has game mode and movie mode and 5000:1 contrast ratio.

cant wait :)

Monkfish

Member +
Sweet. Where from and how much? I'm keeping my eye out for a decent cheap HD tv to make the most of the 360 :)

C

CaL

dan....theonly game i ever play really is gt4 when it wants to work...legend of a game....gt3 is good too

goldenvtr

Member +
i bought gt3 played it for about 2days then got gt4 and never looked back, im on 96.2% complete (ill take a pic to proove) but ive got a full memory card full off ghost replys of my fav track of all diffrent cars to compaire them lol sad but you have no idea how many hours ive spent on that game! i love it, hope gt5 brings some new tracks.

dantheman

Member +
was a die hard gran turismo fan until forza 2 came along... much better game imo

noticed a big difference going from normal res to hd tv mate on my xbox 360. graphics are so much crisp on the hd.

goldenvtr

Member +
ive got forza1 bought it to play on my gf's bros x-box. have conciderd a 360 for the HD output but i want to wait for a ps3 lol

dantheman

Member +
360 is the bollox mate and for the current prices you cant go wrong.

cant wait for the new grand theft auto :rockon:

Jules-B

Member +
haha look forward to the long wait..think its another year now...xbox is all sorted with it..but becuase ps3 uses blu ray they have to sort it out...
so were not getting the game for over a year now

Gee

Member +
Will look better simply because its a better quality TV, but it wont be HD as the PS2 does not have the capability.

Damage

Member +
With the PS2 it wont be good .. but with the PS3 it will be awesome mate. I bought a 42inch Plasma for my XBOX and the graphics look immense on it !!

goldenvtr

Member +
Yea im awear the ps2 dosnt support HD but hope to see an increase in graphics anyway just untill the ps3 comes, altho GT4 is HD compatable so if i get a ps3 to play gt4 on, will that be hi deffinition then!?

riko666

Member +
When you come up to Oxford one day you can see my HDTV....it's crap using a normal input, so I'm hoping it'll be stellar with the PS3. Better be, it's a 24" Sony Bravia. As for GT4...I have one race to do, the F1 Championship, i had done about 11/15 races (each one about 1.5hrs long) and....I unplug the PS2 by mistake :(

And then I remember between races you can save the game...

Gee

Member +
Yea im awear the ps2 dosnt support HD but hope to see an increase in graphics anyway just untill the ps3 comes, altho GT4 is HD compatable so if i get a ps3 to play gt4 on, will that be hi deffinition then!?

Well yes ofcourse it will! :p

goldenvtr

Member +
When you come up to Oxford one day you can see my HDTV....it's crap using a normal input, so I'm hoping it'll be stellar with the PS3. Better be, it's a 24" Sony Bravia. As for GT4...I have one race to do, the F1 Championship, i had done about 11/15 races (each one about 1.5hrs long) and....I unplug the PS2 by mistake :(

And then I remember between races you can save the game...
younberk lol im on 95.3 % now :D not been playing much lately scince my tc bust hence the hdtv:p Ill come get my clucth when my headgasket is done ;)

might have to get a ps3 sooner than i though too.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
PFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

Amateurs! 100 percent complete, 100 percent average win ratio. All licenses at gold.

That was within a few months of getting GT4. Its the same with GT3 too.

riko666

Member +
younberk lol im on 95.3 % now :D not been playing much lately scince my tc bust hence the hdtv:p Ill come get my clucth when my headgasket is done ;)

might have to get a ps3 sooner than i though too.

You serious? I offered you one at £220 less than what it costs in the UK :p Maybe in December it'll be cheaper still.

And Wallace, do you mind if I build a plinth in your name and start worshipping and chanting fanatical gibberish at it?