Anyone taken 'Champix'?

stuart

Member +
As title really.

I got some today from the doctors after going to a stop smoking clinic group session thing.

Take 1 per day for 3 days, then take 2 per day but at 8 hours apart, then on the 8th day stop smoking.

I've cut down to maybe 3-5 cigs a day, just need this last little push to get me to stop!

Anyone else used these? heard some bad things about them though.....

sx_turbo

Lifer
never heard of them, but good to hear your trying to quit mate,

i quit 3 months ago now, went on holiday and woke up and just didnt want a fag, lucky for me it's stayed like that,

i still sometimes fancy the odd one here and there but i just tell myself not to as i done really well so far.

stuart

Member +
Think alot if down to mind over matter to be honest, I smoke when I'm bored or when I jump in the starlet :(

Good on you for just stopping like that bud. I've come down from easily 20 a day and just need this last push! should really put say 2 quid per day in a tin as though to say would be spending that on fags but really dont want to as will remind me about smoking.

Oh well... hopefully these tablets won't give me suicidal thoughts as that's what some bloke on this forum I found is having! lol

stuart

Member +
That's totally different son! Just means will have to err improvise with those things that look like they are to hold lamp shades. ;)

nuggie

Member +
1 of my mates was on them it worked 110%.it made him feel sick when he smoked.stick whit it mate thay are a gr8 job.

stuart

Member +
Yeah my dearest mother took them too, she said just made her feel ill everytime she wanted a smoke.... so stopped!

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
That's totally different son! Just means will have to err improvise with those things that look like they are to hold lamp shades. ;)

Glad to hear you've given it thought and found a solution. Good luck knocking the tabs on the head mate.

stuart

Member +
Cheers man - Just hope can stop this time for good! Did a month and a bit stint last year but started again!

Either that or I'll start mixing it up with coffee again.....

lingl9z

Member +
Good on you for trying to kick it Stu but 1 question. If you stop smoking, how are you gonna have a smoke? ;)

When he's on fire.

On a serious note well done for trying to quit, I was never reliant on them so just told my self 'this is my last' and was done with it =]

goldenvtr

Member +
fair play dude, i want my mrs to stop but every time i bring it up we have an argument about it. she wants to stop "in her own time" which i dont belive will be anytime soon.

did you have to get them prescribed?