Apexi Power FC question

dac69er

Super Moderator
yes it does.

to reset if for the basemap you choose the 'initialise' setting in the extras section i think it is.

do that, turn the ignition off then back on and it will be reset.
remember to set the cars idle all over again

bigdoods

Member +
i wouldnt do that tbh.iv heard of fellas trying that and ending up wiping the whole thing and having to get it sent back to either 1)apexi or 2)the last people who mapped d car so they could write the map back on it.just wait until you bring your car to get mapped to plug it in.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i wouldnt do that tbh.iv heard of fellas trying that and ending up wiping the whole thing and having to get it sent back to either 1)apexi or 2)the last people who mapped d car so they could write the map back on it.just wait until you bring your car to get mapped to plug it in.

they must be doing something wrong then? the initialise is there to reset back to factory settings.

Aga

Member +
it doesnt remove the speed limiter, cause....it doesnt have one.

2nd, theres no way it has to be sent back to apexi, initialise command resets it fine.

dac69er

Super Moderator
reset the power fc. turn the ignition off then back on. make sure the car is started from cold.

leave on idle with a normal electrical load on for 10 mins (stereo can be left on). put the blower fan on for the next 10 mins. then put the lights on for the next 10 mins. finally put the aircon on for the final 10 mins. if you dont have aircon, skip that bit.

after that the idle should be setup and will idle as well as it can. if you get the car remapped and any of the cells or any part of the ecu settings that can affect idle are changed then the idle setup should be performed again to make sure it idles spot on and doesnt try and hunt!