are all oem ep82 ecus the same?

pig666eon

Member +
i have two 94 gt ecus here and are different from each other

i have pics of both covers one has a ten logo on it, neither has anything else or seals. the one with ten on it has more complex circuts in it and is a good bit different inside on the layout of stuff. the board it has is a different color green than the other one and has the model code written on it in yellow. i havent gone depper as i dont want to be messing around ect. could anyone tell me if this could be a updated one maybe or something else any info is appreciated

ab676473.jpg

0d34d6b9.jpg

dac69er

Super Moderator
probably just different manufacturers. they all design boards slightly differently so probably as simple as that.
one may perform slightly better than the other. one may have some small tweaks, but i would doubt they would be noticeable to anyone.

pig666eon

Member +
cheers for the info lads both were removed from 94 gts there is a possibility that one could have been changed over but im sure the mk1 ecus are different than the mk2s are they not?

i have a friend who had a toms mk1 ecu and had to cut the connectors from the car to put it in his own had to hard wire it ect

would i be better off would you think with the more basic one? im sure if it is a older unit then it wouldnt be as advance and in theory would be less likely to be clogged up with emission tweaks ect or would i be better off with the newer one?

dac69er

Super Moderator
could work either way really mate. i doubt it would really matter, any change would be very minimal!

the jam ecu i am using was previously used on a quadlight and now i have it on my mk1, no messing about with wiring!!!!

Jay

Admin
The connections are the same so there are zero fitment issues, I've ran cars using both and never noticed any realworld differences. They are both 8-bit whereas the Glanza V used 16 bit technology. Anyone I've spoke to regarding differences have told me the earlier one is more raw but I don't really know what they are basing that opinion on.

Try both and give us a report sure.

weeJohn

Lifer
Judging by Toyota use of parts through models, I would say the differences are so that board can be used in a few models, but the map would be the same.