Athena Head Gaskets

Boab

Member +
I can now supply Athena 1.2mm & 1.4mm head gaskets. These are good quality MLS gaskets with all of the waterways cutout.

Price: £119 + £5 Delivery.

headgasket.png

Last edited:

Boab

Member +
Any reviews on these Bob?

What size would you recommend for my forged td04 build?? 1.2mm?

Thanks,
John

Spuddy is about to run one on his 320hp 5E. will let you know how he gets on.

I need to know what boost you will be running to know what thickness to supply.

Bob

clarkytrd

Member +
probably 1.4 bar max

will be daily driven so i want around 250+bhp, what boost would you recommend for driving it daily?

thanks

Chris@CCM

Member +
probably 1.4 bar max

will be daily driven so i want around 250+bhp, what boost would you recommend for driving it daily?

thanks
what pistons u using ? ive built engines with .6 mm trd gaskets that have been making big power no probs one is 312hp its not all about the gasket u gota see what dish is in the pistons then work out what cr u want

clarkytrd

Member +
what pistons u using ? ive built engines with .6 mm trd gaskets that have been making big power no probs one is 312hp its not all about the gasket u gota see what dish is in the pistons then work out what cr u want

Hmm, thats why i need all help i can get... still learning!

i havent a clue on cr to be honest with you dude, i was just told to use 74.5mm 10cc low comp wiseco pistons and a 1.2mm head gasket.

John

sx_turbo

Lifer
Hmm, thats why i need all help i can get... still learning!

i havent a clue on cr to be honest with you dude, i was just told to use 74.5mm 10cc low comp wiseco pistons and a 1.2mm head gasket.

John

you be looking at a compression of around (roughly) 7.5:1

i'm using wossner pistons, and there 6cc dish and my cr is 7.84:1

this is with a 1.2mm gasket

clarkytrd

Member +
you be looking at a compression of around (roughly) 7.5:1

i'm using wossner pistons, and there 6cc dish and my cr is 7.84:1

this is with a 1.2mm gasket

ok and how do i calculate my compression ratio?

first engine build so not too sure on some things, why is it important to take compression into consideration?

John

Boab

Member +
ok and how do i calculate my compression ratio?

first engine build so not too sure on some things, why is it important to take compression into consideration?

John

Your compression ratio dictates how much boost you can run without detonation, how much lag etc. Loads of things. If you are running race fuel it will amke a big difference too.

sx_turbo

Lifer
Ohh right, now I know!

So I'm safe to use 1.4 Bar max of boost with my setup?

you could run 1.6 bar or even 2bar boost with the wiseco pistons and the 1.2mm gasket.

but yeah 1.4 bar boost will be more than fine.

sorry to hijack ur thread bob

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
We've tested one of these gaskets out at 1.8bar using Nitrous. Gasket is very strong and holding up over 400+hp.

Just thought I would add in the info for any potential buyers.