Auto-a-go-go (Autobox Progress)

Jay

Admin
Had my second rolling road session today up at Autotune in Ballymena.

For anyone not following my Auto's garage thread (prob 99% of the forum) I managed a 136bhp and a 139bhp run back in November with a front mount & JAM actuator.

Today's run (solid line) in comparison to the first run (dotted line):

rrfeb2009078hj3.jpg

Mods done since November include an exhaust system, sps stainless manifold and tong hybrid.

I'm quite pleased with the increase given the manifold is leaking plus I'm only pushing .85 bar of boost. To give an idea of the blowout here's a pic:

breaking1010yq1.jpg

In the graph you can see the torque delivery is vastly improved from the first session and this can be felt in the day to day driving. Much smoother though the midrange and certainly packs a punch on the road (pre manifold crack).

The next stage is to rip the manifold off and get it repaired (kindly covered by Dane) and then investigate management options. Once the actual management is in place I can start pushing more boost for bigger numbers. ;)

Cheers,

Jay

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
lol... very nice result for the lazybox lol :p

good to see some tasty stuff is bein done to her jay!

kon

Jay

Admin
Cheers lads, something else I noticed looking at the chart was how it actually hit the speed limiter during the run. It hit 112mph and stopped producing power.

Nice!

Jay

Admin
Very nice Jay :) Glad to see another auto doing so well :)

Cheers Kelly, I think we can both eak a bit more power out of them both lass. Would be nice to push the automatic envelope don't you think?

mmm this auto goes better than that dyno printout suggests... i know.

:)

Phil

I think my ropey driving adds the illusion of an extra herd of horses mate. :haha:

Kelly

Member +
Yeh it would be nice as long as all holds up :p at the moment i think im on the limit of my little ct9 she is getting abit puffy so i best not turn up the boost anymore :( not until i have money for a rebuild.

Are auto boxes easy to come buy if the worst should ever happen?

Jay

Admin
solid result jay !
whats the percentage loss for the auto bud?

get that mani welded up :)

Cheers dude, I did ask but the boys at autotune couldn't give me an answer (they are that honest!). He has never seen an auto GT before so didn't want to confuse matters. Might be a question for the YBY fella.

Manifold is off but it's in a real bad shape - will up load a pic or two (have to send them to Dane too for reference). AlanD lifted it last night to take to his fabricator and I'm left running the stock mani. Jesus I had forgotten how pisspoor the flow and throttle response was before upgrading! :(

Jay

Admin
Looks like a good improvement, what does the HP peak at? Looks as if just over 150 on the graphs?

154.7 automatic horses of laziness mate. :haha:

Not sure how many were escaping through the manifold though. Cool delivery with the autobox - Just ask VXR on here how she puts the power down.

And Enzo I was able to give the hybrid a three-month inspection. Everything is hunky dory with no cracks. Really impressed mate. :cool: