Automatic timeouts??

robbo

Member +
i don't know if this is just me but i'm online on average 15-20 hours a day between the house and work. using the site i've noticed that it will timeout my login details after a certain time especially if i'm browsing and using multiple windows and various programs. i'm not incredibly technical so unsure of what may cause this but was wondering if it happened to anyone else or if this is a setup designed to keep the forum flowing and free from inactivity affecting speed. cheers for any advice or tech answers, robbo

Jay

Admin
This only happens to me when I'm roaming with the mobile. Damn irritating.

The forum shouldn't be doing it to my knowledge.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
tbh its always done that to me.. but i thought it was a setting or something.. meh.. lol it is annoying but if u stay flicking through pages ... what browser are u using? i noticed it only happens to me with ie.. with firefox it never happens at work...

robbo

Member +
internet explorer in both work and home. i honestly thought that the remember me box was for IP signature so that you were automatically logged in every time you acces the website. will try the remember me function but just timed out again lol will have a route about on the work system. cheers for the input. both comps run win XP pro and home versions accordingly

gv1.3

Admin
the remember me button places a cookie on your machine and keeps you logged in on that machine at all times.

robbo

Member +
without the remember me.In theory it clears all cookies on logout. no too sure but both connections are good so it must be a setting issue or i have a fluxuating broadband connection which might drop out the odd time

gv1.3

Admin
but without the remember me my connection times out after a while or if i open a new window I have to login again. I just "remember me" and I have no issues.

robbo

Member +
no worries thanks everyone for your help will have to hit it every time so i can keep browsing while working lol cheers gv1.3 aswell especially

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
hmmm.. seems like dylan has got this pretty much sorted lol .. do u have to work when ur online as well :p haha.. (supposing ur still into networking :p)

robbo

Member +
i'm a manager in a hotel and were run by the best management company in the uk so constantly writing reports and getting in touch with people. in between have to run shifts aswell so busy enough but i include browsing as a right in my salary for the wick hours i work lol

robbo

Member +
lol people networking is how i get almost everything done. i've got a contact for nearly everything i can get my hands on. its necessary in my job lol or the place would fall down round me