back end dont step out of line

leedarrenbrown

Fresh Recruit
i have a toyota starlet GT limited edition,and i cant get the back end to step out,going around a right hand corner,even though im trying me hardest it dont budge,the right back wheel or left back wheel bepending on the corner,lifts off the ground a considerable amount,any sugestions to prevent this from lifting ? :homer:

_iforget_glanza

Untrusted Seller
ur trying to get the back end to step out?:L its a starlet not a sylvia mate..shuda bought one of them instead caz i feel sorry for ur starbo :(

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
Moved to correct section,be careful where you post please.

As for you question,it won't step out of line because its a FWD 800kg car with most of the weight at the front.

Nippon

Member +
You wanna try McDonalds food trays under your back wheels and leave the handbrake on.

Or buy a rear wheel drive car.

Rev

Member +
My sera has 205 40's they stick too well at the front and oversteer on every bump. I think it is as you mention the rigid back axle is lifting one wheel in the air especially on road camber or in the wet. So with a the stock rigid axle arrangement too much front grip is no picnic either.

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
Try some left foot braking while on the throttle through the turns. Lifting the inside wheel will help you get the back out as you only have half the ammount of rubber on the ground.

dark_knight

Member +
get an arb for the rear then tap on your handbrake every time you want the tail out.. :p i wouldn't advise it though since these cars are so light and once they start to oversteer, correcting it my not work before you are in the trees or ditch.. :D

Jay

Admin
Run bad tyres on the rear and liftoff mid corner - just make sure you practise on private ground without anything/anyone in the way. If liftoff oversteer was a colour it would be brown..

Jay

Ted

Member +
when a starlet lets go at the back its pretty sudden and not very controllable, be careful what you wish for!

fishman

Member +
when a starlet lets go at the back its pretty sudden and not very controllable, be careful what you wish for!

epic statement ted!!!!

"If liftoff oversteer was a colour it would be brown.." and possible the funniest thing iv heard this week.hahahahaha

dark_knight

Member +
unlike rwd cars that give you some sort of tail control (by threading the throttle to control tailspin), all you have in the pocket rockets is a dead axle, so once it slips, not much you can do to get it back in line.. :)