ban on the way :@:@

steveglanzav

Member +
Yep time to post it up i am standing up in court on Monday morning, appealing guilty to drink driving. I blew 71mg in 100mg of breath at 1.30 pm on Wednesday 17th.:slap:

Here's the thing, i hadn't actually drank that day, yes we had a ''few'' the night before:beer: after work, as i work in a bar. I stayed at my mates knowing i couldn't drive, and went in the next morning to collect my car; making sure i had something to eat and a couple of coffees'. But i was still over the limit:argue:

So now im f*cked, i cant afford a solicitor and no-one gives 'free' legal advice, so I'll be up there defending myself:mad:

Anyway DONT GET CAUGHT OUT THE NEXT DAY is the morale of the story.

Any advice or previous experiences would be great full (in exchange for REP :) )

GOODNIGHT

Glanza24

Member +
Hey, My mate was through the same thing he only started driving and was out the night before and next day picked up his car. Later that day around 2pm after picking up his car he filped it due to ice (suspposdly). He the waited for the police and because he was involved cashed he was a subject to road side breath test. He then blew over the limited and was banned up for a day. He also had to stand infront of the court by himself as well and got 18 month ban and a fine he didnt tell me the amount. I would be very susprise if its any diffrent in your case. And im guessing you didnt do it intentionlly as my mate did but im nearly sure you just have to take whats coming to you which is very unfortuately mate Sorry to hear :(

Last edited:

corofin12345

Member +
i got put off the road for a year with a 3 year endorsement and fined 600euro for being 2mg's over the limit.. yes 2mg's.. and i was goin 2 work the next afternoon.. rutless basterds

kellygt

Member +
i got put off the road for a year with a 3 year endorsement and fined 600euro for being 2mg's over the limit.. yes 2mg's.. and i was goin 2 work the next afternoon.. rutless basterds

Thats what this country has come to you cant even go out for a few:beer:s
without worrying about being over the limit a day later sad but true

Glanza24

Member +

Never did you go for blood test seems it was that close or was it 2mg over on the blood test??

corofin12345

Member +
Thats what this country has come to you cant even go out for a few:beer:s
without worrying about being over the limit a day later sad but true

i think they should block up the front doors of court houses and just put in a reverseable atm's.. cause thats all its about these days.. money:mad:

corofin12345

Member +
Never did you go for blood test seems it was that close or was it 2mg over on the blood test??

nope breath test.. then i demanded a blood test and was higher so they gave me 2 choices.. blood or breath sample and i took breath obviously.. what pissed me of tho is how they were slagging me about it sayin you goin 2 loose your job and all that shit.. i kept my cool cause all they wanted was 2 give me a drunk and disorderly summons aswell as the drink driving one.. warning 2 all.. ennis gards are rutless and abusive:mad:

Glanza24

Member +
nope breath test.. then i demanded a blood test and was higher so they gave me 2 choices.. blood or breath sample and i took breath obviously.. what pissed me of tho is how they were slagging me about it sayin you goin 2 loose your job and all that shit.. i kept my cool cause all they wanted was 2 give me a drunk and disorderly summons aswell as the drink driving one.. warning 2 all.. ennis gards are rutless and abusive:mad:

They sound like right pricks sould like they were on a power trip to me :shoot:

steveglanzav

Member +
Hey, My mate was through the same thing he only started driving and was out the night before and next day picked up his car. Later that day around 2pm after picking up his car he filped it due to ice (suspposdly). He the waited for the police and because he was involved cashed he was a subject to road side breath test. He then blew over the limited and was banned up for a day. He also had to stand infront of the court by himself as well and got 18 month ban and a fine he didnt tell me the amount. I would be very susprise if its any diffrent in your case. And im guessing you didnt do it intentionlly as my mate did but im nearly sure you just have to take whats coming to you which is very unfortuately mate Sorry to hear :(

yeah sounds about the same other than i didnt crash...

thats ridiculus!!

Fatman

Member +
Here it's 400mcg breath per litre of breath or 80mg blood per 100ml's if you're over the age of 20. After having tested myself at various stages of drinking, I wouldn't be comfortable driving even below the legal limit, I'm definitely impaired, a fact backed up by plenty of evidence.

If you're blowing double the legal limit (35 mcg / 100ml breath according to a quick search) there's no way that you weren't significantly impaired and you should have known that. There's no way I'd want you in control of what has the potential to be a deadly weapon at double the legal limit, I agree 100% with the action the police took and I'm pretty shocked at the attitude of so many that being 'just 2mg' over the limit is okay. The limits are set for a reason, if you're over, you're over. It's not the police's fault - it's YOURS.

All that said, it's obviously a few more than a few drinks if early afternoon the following day after some food and coffee you're blowing double the legal limit. If you're regularly drinking to that extent then you have issues outside of losing your license.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
This thread is full of pricks defending drink driving. In the uk your arrested for blowing over 35, bit in the police station if you blow under 40 your let off even if it's over the 35 limit.

You got treated like shit for being caught over the limit at that point you were shit.

Last edited:

*starlet_babe*

Member +
Sorry to hear hun but I'm sure you'll agree hun that if you know you going to be driving and you've had so much to drink then don't drive. Tis a good reason why I don't have anything to drink unless I know I'm definately not driving for a day or two.

xx

turboflow

Member +
im sorry but i fucking hate drink drivers, if u wanna drink u leave your fucking car at home, i think the law should be you cant have any alcohol and drive, as for the next morning, u should be aware of the fact that nothing your eat or drink speeds up the rate that alcohol takes to leave your system and also know how long it takes for each unit to leave your body. im sorry but its your responsibility to make sure your safe to drive not any one elses

Somhairle

Lifer
im sorry but i fucking hate drink drivers, if u wanna drink u leave your fucking car at home, i think the law should be you cant have any alcohol and drive, as for the next morning, u should be aware of the fact that nothing your eat or drink speeds up the rate that alcohol takes to leave your system and also know how long it takes for each unit to leave your body. im sorry but its your responsibility to make sure your safe to drive not any one elses

Agreed. The police weren't on a power trip or anything like that with you. You were twice the legal limit. End of.

You will get at least a years ban.

Som.

durmz

Member +
sorry, no remorse, no excuse for drink driving, you may have felt ok the next day but ure reactions still would have been slower than usual, and you put other people at risk, if you cant manage your driving around the drink, then you shouldnt be driving imo