Bare shell rebuild

Cormach

Member +
In the midst of taking a mk2 1992 gt back to bare for rebuild .pics at later date when im happy :) ,but heres the thing what colour to paint? Thinking along the lines of 040 super white , 185 Bluish grey metallic or 3E5 Super Red.thoughts and opinions welcome

Credit to ukso colour guide

Super red
c22ee31e7213e4aac35e9fc1a342e04f_zpse5b484ec.jpg

Super white
9f21d0743e8d7578d9e6508b62622718_zps0a17c367.jpg

Bluish gray metallic
72e89f2c6ec7f4993f9fa542b788a3bc_zpse7612c71.jpg

Cormach

Last edited:

dac69er

Super Moderator
do you want the car to be a standard colour or would you go for something non-standard?

what about yellow!?

Cormach

Member +
Cheers for input lads !i think that yellow is sick!!! :) id go for anything nice,i just see the standards so not alot to compare too.,purple is nice but that yellow :eek:

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
I am fond of 040 super white. My last GT got a freshen up with 040 and looked very nice. Anything new that you put in the engine bay or exterior really pops with the white.

Heres my old GT

:)

Good luck with the choice

I wouldn't go red myself as not a factory colour and whites don't really sell on gts.as someday you will be selling it on so have to keep it standard ish colour. Maybe the mk1 gray/green colour ?

Phil

Super Moderator
I am fond of 040 super white. My last GT got a freshen up with 040 and looked very nice. Anything new that you put in the engine bay or exterior really pops with the white.

Heres my old GT

That is lovely :)

GI bonnet with mk1 bumper.... any pics of this car finished? was she a square light?

Phil

Cormach

Member +

Heres my old GT

Holy sugar that is real tidy in super white! Asfor glanza dude thats the colour i was thinking of !bit soon to be thinking of the colour when its sold.hopefully it wont ever be :)

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +
Hey Phil, Cormach,

Never got round to finishing her off :(

Pretty much finished off the paint and then sold it as spares/repairs. I started being very anal about parts going in that didnt look new, so was going out and buying new parts and started spending way too much money. In the end ran out of $$$ so had to get rid.

Now I have bought another one :(

LOL

Sorry to hijack thread

Cormach

Member +
One of the tidiest gts ive seen there marco too bad it wastnt finiahed very nice.yeah no point doing a rebuild and buying cheap parts or leaving old parts in it .what did you get now?

MarcoGTTurbo

Member +

:haha::haha::haha::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused::confused::confused::confused::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

Im hooked mate!!

Im looking for another one to rebuild too LOL

Phil

Super Moderator
Lovely Marco,

and good to hear of a big minty fresh build here in N.I Cormach!

Phil

Cormach

Member +
Oh shes gonna be the job when finished Phil,pics are bit rubbish at the minute ,so once i make bita progress up they go :)
Love that front bumper on your gt Phil ;)