bc coilovers how low

ktl

Member +
can people who got these coilys with the lowest settings throw some pictures up ? i got mine on the lowest and i have about 20-30mm gap between arch and tyres (50 profile)....

For the rears!!

kilo

Member +
i just got mine in the weekend. the front is tight, the rear i can fit 2 fingers in lol, if that helps. tbh, i would of liked the back alot lower, had to raise the front to make it look right

ktl

Member +
i just got mine in the weekend. the front is tight, the rear i can fit 2 fingers in lol, if that helps. tbh, i would of liked the back alot lower, had to raise the front to make it look right

Nice one mate, yeah 2 fingers i can still fit through.

haha ditto!!

kilo

Member +
im quite disapointed. happy enough with the front, gota find another way to get it down a bit more lol. oh, ive mine striped ot so the back always did stick up. what do you think of them? by man boobs are sore lol

ktl

Member +
im quite disapointed. happy enough with the front, gota find another way to get it down a bit more lol. oh, ive mine striped ot so the back always did stick up. what do you think of them? by man boobs are sore lol

haha same mate, stripped so its gone up by alot.

there awesome mate, i can corner much harder.

happy cornering ;)

kilo

Member +
not yet lad, found a rear bearing awy when i was fitting them....and doing something aswell, i can multitask aswell lol. did you find when cornering hard noise coming from the coilys, kinds like a rubbing noise?? ive clearance on all arches.

ktl

Member +
not yet lad, found a rear bearing awy when i was fitting them....and doing something aswell, i can multitask aswell lol. did you find when cornering hard noise coming from the coilys, kinds like a rubbing noise?? ive clearance on all arches.

nah mate, no rubbing noise at all. intresting one lol

kilo

Member +
it could be the bearing noise just running through, but defo sounds like its coming from both sides. just worried incase i done something wrong....ive no idea what cus its straight forward

ktl

Member +
it could be the bearing noise just running through, but defo sounds like its coming from both sides. just worried incase i done something wrong....ive no idea what cus its straight forward

i usually let it go bang/or fall off if i tried everything. lol

its the only way!!

kilo

Member +
ive an mr2 that went bang.....im the same lol hi 5, the car will tell me when somethings wrong

MeisterR

Lifer
can people who got these coilys with the lowest settings throw some pictures up ? i got mine on the lowest and i have about 20-30mm gap between arch and tyres (50 profile)....

For the rears!!

That sounds about right.
I had to massively modified the rear specification of the MeisterR Zeta-R Coilovers in order to get the rear to have the correct ride height adjustment for the EP82/91 chassis.

The EP82/91 Chassis are quite a bit different from the Tercel, even though they share the same suspension.

For 15" tyres, it really need to be able to go this low to look right.

EP91-2.jpg

Shak-gt

Member +
this annoys me a bit, coilovers are for a purpose not for posing, if people just want them slammed on there arse buy short springs.

dac69er

Super Moderator
I have my bc coilys as low as they go on the back and they still sint low enough :( wish i got meisters now :slap:

i think they look fine mate. slammed looks good but fuck me its not practical. you end up scraping stuff along the ground all the time

MeisterR

Lifer
this annoys me a bit, coilovers are for a purpose not for posing, if people just want them slammed on there arse buy short springs.

That is only true if you are using a single perch coilovers where lowering actually decrease the performance of the dampers as you are loosing damper travel.

On a "Dual Perch" setup, lowering the ride height will not cause any lost of damper stroke travel or change the springs pre-load, so technically so you are not loosing any performance by lowering the ride height.

Yes, it does put other parts of the suspension (bushes for example) under more stress, roll center changes, etc.
But the effect isn't HUGE and alot of the difference can be sorted out by using different alignment setting.

A set of suspension going too low is never a good thing on a car.
But at the same time, a set of suspension that couldn't go low because it isn't properly specified for the chassis isn't a good thing either.

The long as you have the "correct" range of height adjustment available, then it is up to the user to decide what is best for them.
This is the whole point of having adjustable suspension as you can decide what you want and achieve it.

kilo

Member +
lowered 40mm i think is were you produce best handling. however if i want to race around everywhere id by a shit car, untill such times i like my car low and drive sloooow, just so people can see cars live past the whole scrapage scheme. both arches level with the tyre looks damn good.