bearing difference GT/Glanza 4E

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
is there any difference between the bottom end/crank area of the 4e's fitting to a late spec GT and a Glanza.

i need to order some bearings and on the toytuning site they say specify what car you have, i have no idea whether my engine is out of a GT or Glanza :homer:

getting decent bearings is proving to be a right bitch, last 2 sets have been f*cking wank to put it politely :shoot:

yo boss....OEM bearings will have different numbers on them......u need to get the correct ones......the best way is to take your engine apart and check the numbers on the back of the OEM bearings (conrods)

the OEM main bearings also have numbers on the back of each...but u can also add the numbers on the bottom of the block and the crank to get them (both crank and bottom of block should have 5 numbers each)

apart from that, u would need to know the original car the oengine came from--chassis number, etc and got to toyota and find out which bearings u need as they should have the engine info in their system.....or take the crank/block and have the tolerances checked by someone who can do such

these OEM bearings are used in BOTH the gt and glanza---just depends on which ones u need

get the correct marked one.....else u could have some knocking troubles in the future

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
thanks for the info mate,

i've left some info out which i feel i shouldda added in the first place

the crank has been ground by 0.25mm, the rods are SCAT so there's nothing much OEM in there now.....

apart from that, u would need to know the original car the oengine came from--chassis number, etc

no chance of that, i got this engine in 2005, delivered on a pallet, car had loooong gone. the loom and ecu are deffo ep82 but there was something that made me think the engine itself was glanza (oil o-ring groove in block, provision for water heated inlet mani?)

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
There are no differences buddy but as Gorgan mentioned each engine will be specific you know what Toyota are like. They all use the same type of bearing, the depicting factor will be ware.

Are you able to remove the old ones, then you can cross reference the numbers to make sure you get the right ones. We also do ACL bearings now but you can OEM from Toyota or us, think Dave does them as well.

T

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
There are no differences buddy but as Gorgan mentioned each engine will be specific you know what Toyota are like. They all use the same type of bearing, the depicting factor will be ware.

Are you able to remove the old ones, then you can cross reference the numbers to make sure you get the right ones. We also do ACL bearings now but you can OEM from Toyota or us, think Dave does them as well.

T

if the crank has been ground by 0.25mm will these numbers have any relevance?

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
righto. and i thought bearings designed for an undersized crank were called undersized, not oversized, even though they are in physical size ;)

goldenvtr

Member +
righto. and i thought bearings designed for an undersized crank were called undersized, not oversized, even though they are in physical size ;)

with an undersized crank you need oversized bearings to compensate the metal removed from the crank, so the bearings are oversized hence being thicker to make up the clearance

since u have a ground crank...u will need the appropriate sized bearings.....i was "told" that toyota do oversized (some people call them undersized bearnigs---depends on who u talk to) bearings, but u would have to check and see...maybe JAY, toby, dave , etc might know---as i am not sure on this

if u use stock sized bearnigs u WILL knock...very fast

Big_Daddy

Member +
since u have a ground crank...u will need the appropriate sized bearings.....i was "told" that toyota do oversized (some people call them undersized bearnigs---depends on who u talk to) bearings, but u would have to check and see...maybe JAY, toby, dave , etc might know---as i am not sure on this

Agree to that

Dub-Se7en

Lifer

i found that out last time, i'm on it ;)

thanks man :)