best mani

Dane_Bristol

Member +
Well the Roadrunner is the best on the market unfortunatly he no longer makes them. Second bet would be the JAM one imo.

dac69er

Super Moderator
roadrunner probbaly the best, but jam would be the second best. unfortunately both are rare as rocking horse shit :(

kingyglanza

Member +
Im using one of Speedvisions stainless manifolds on my K24 setup, I have no bracing at all just a flexi pipe in the center of my front pipe. Been on the car and abused for 6months now without any cracking or problems. Highly reccomended! Top marks Speedvision. :)

Basketti

Fresh Recruit
What makes a manifold better than the other? better flow? how is this normally achieved? theres a mani selling locally made from 38mm exhaust pipes, TIG welded, with laser cut flanges.

dac69er

Super Moderator
larger runners usually help but then it goes into quite a small turbo inlet if you still have the ct9 so there is obviously an optimum and any larger is a wadte of time. if you flow the manifold better then that obviously helps too.
equal length runners also help but its less important on a turbo car.

dac69er

Super Moderator
around £250 ish.

no one can get them though. spoke to Dave yesterday and he said there is no chance of getting one any time soon.

second hand is the only way

Red Hot

Member +
Aren't we forgetting WEPR's new design mani's? There also availeble for the ct9.
I really like the look of those:)

Guye

Lifer
personally dont think there is much point getting a uprated mani for a CT9 wait untill you can afford a diff turbo and mani :] just my opinion of course
Well the restriction in the 3rd runner on the stock mani can cause problems. If the boost is raised even to below fuel cut the temperature on the 3rd cylinder really increases. I've evn seen the stock mani crack on the third runner as well (like mine did). It's far better to remove that restriction. One member here, turbodave I think...simply ported the 3ed runner on the stock mani and it has been working fine for him. That's the cheapest option I would imagine and it should do the trick.

Elaine

Lifer
I am using Daves Mani and there is a huge difference!! If your not bothered about having a brand I would recomend his for a ct9!!