Best & Worst Console Games of 2010????

Tanz

Lifer
Okay so what would you say was the best console game of 2010 and do you think gaming has progressed more in last year to the previous year??

Or maybe there was a few games that you were looking forward to that were a total disappointment.

looking forward to hearing what ye think....

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Loving Fifa 11 at the minute. Also really enjoyed Red Dead Redemption. GT5 was a bit of a let down to be honest.

Tanz

Lifer
Loving Fifa 11 at the minute. Also really enjoyed Red Dead Redemption. GT5 was a bit of a let down to be honest.

Fifa11 is still in the plastic in our house so i havent had a chance to get a look at it yet...
As for red dead redemption it was a fierce clever idea and i did like the whole concept of it graphics and gameplay seemed good also...

Do you think the hype of GT5 took over the actual game??

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Fifa11 is still in the plastic in our house so i havent had a chance to get a look at it yet...
As for red dead redemption it was a fierce clever idea and i did like the whole concept of it graphics and gameplay seemed good also...

Do you think the hype of GT5 took over the actual game??

Defo yeah, after waiting so long you would expect something with a bit of wow but it was nothing to write home about like.

P.S get Fifa 11 out of the plastic asap, its great.

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
even though i still play them gt5 and black ops were flops imo

not sure when it was out but uncharted 2 was the best game to come out for ps3

Tanz

Lifer
Defo yeah, after waiting so long you would expect something with a bit of wow but it was nothing to write home about like.

P.S get Fifa 11 out of the plastic asap, its great.

Ya see i like GT5 it does have that like Superior Car Game Feel and Air about it,,like you cant fault the graphics but i can see what your saying its like you know what your getting but hoping for more,,bit of an anti climax...

haha ahh is it that good,,is online play good??

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.

Yeah i wasnt impressed with Black ops at all. Medal of honour wasnt great either and rediculously short.

Have to agree the Uncharted games were awesome.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood looks ace but i wanna finish Assassins Creed 2 before i get it lol

pig666eon

Member +
gt5 by far was the worst game i got all year, got a glanza done it up and havent played it since

the ufc game does be good craic black ops is prob the game i play reg so i will have to go with that

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Ya see i like GT5 it does have that like Superior Car Game Feel and Air about it,,like you cant fault the graphics but i can see what your saying its like you know what your getting but hoping for more,,bit of an anti climax...

haha ahh is it that good,,is online play good??

Yeah i love Fifa, I dont play it online that much but its great craic with a group of mates and a few beers.

Reeco

Member +

in all fairness people expected waaaay too much from black ops, it had the best single player campaign on COD ever but the multiplayer was terrible, they just cant keep up with the infinty award ones.

I think NFS hot pursuit was alot better than GT5. but not many other people seem to have it .

Tanz

Lifer

I like black ops then im a cod fan...

As for uncharted its very good platform game bit like lara croft but holds it own in fairness...

Talking about lara croft id be a massive tomb raider fan and am very much looking forward to the new one thats coming out...

Tanz

Lifer
Assassins creed brotherhood is a most its fierce good,,modern warfare just angers me cause i think when you pay for a game you want a good while outta it not to pass it as soon as you buy it...

s.murphy

Leinster Area Rep.
Also keep an eye out for a game called LA Noire. Its out this year at some stage, made by Rockstar Games. Should be great

lingl9z

Member +
I really liked Mafia 2, Heavy Rain, MOH as it's online game play is diff to COD and alot bigger maps and can pilot helicopters etc/drive tanks!, Red Dead's alright but not played it that much, got bored of going to the same place a gazillion times, GT5... played it for like 6hours got bored aswell, Dead rising two is a good laugh! :) Kinect games are 'alright' not that great tho... hmph!

Jay

Admin
Mass Effect 2 for me. Really enjoyed that on so many levels. It hits the PS3 this year which should prove interesting.

There have been a few great games recently it's hard to pick favourites but Left4Dead 2 and Uncharted 2 really stand out from the crowd.

GT5 was actually fair better than I thought it would be, I'm still playing and enjoying it both online and off.

Jay

Niladgibbi

Member +
Fallout new vegas has been a smash with me. loved fallout 3 and bethsenda deff made another great follow on with new vegas. cod black ops bit of a let down tbh

J25GTi

Lifer
I played the original mass effect on xbox and it was fucking awesome. I can't wait for mass effect 2 to hit ps3. I will be on that for days!

Mass Effect 2 for me. Really enjoyed that on so many levels. It hits the PS3 this year which should prove interesting.

There have been a few great games recently it's hard to pick favourites but Left4Dead 2 and Uncharted 2 really stand out from the crowd.

GT5 was actually fair better than I thought it would be, I'm still playing and enjoying it both online and off.

Jay

AdamB

Member +
I loved playing Heavy rain, thought it was really clever idea to do, make up different scenario's. Loved fifa 11 as well, still playing it, don't play it online much but still think manager mode is good. I just wish that they would have more injuries and major injuries like leg breaks or whatever.
I do like GT5, doesn't give me the wow factor, but I still play it and enjoy it.

lanxter

Member +
Best - fable 3, fallout new vegas, Alan wake, forza 3, halo reach.

Worst - Black ops, bioshock 2, dead rising 2, Aliens vs preditor, metro 2033