Bestman's speech opening lines / jokes

Discussion in 'Chill Out Room' started by Gryzor, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Gryzor

Gryzor Administrator

I'm best man for the brother's wedding this weekend. I've most of a speech written but I'm not too happy with the opening joke, anyone have any suggestions ?

2. Blak_Mamber

Blak_Mamber Paid Member

I wanna hear the opening joke that you've got already :p

3. Corey_gt

Corey_gt Administrator

Id just like to statrt of by saying
    knowledge is knowing a tomato is
    a fruit. Thats what Id use lol.

4. Gryzor

Gryzor Administrator

Ladies & gentlemen, it's been such an exciting day that I'm absolutely speechless...
    which is probably very good news for most of you.

5. starbuck

starbuck Registered User +

Thats bound to get some laughs. Nice and simples

6. Blak_Mamber

Blak_Mamber Paid Member

I like that one lol.

7. Johnny_C

Johnny_C Paid Member

ever heard of the house key one richie?

8. Derek

Derek Paid Member

Id start by saying, If i could say a few words id be a better public speaker.

9. glanzanut

glanzanut Paid Member

"You're going to love being married, (name). It's great you found that one special person you can annoy for the rest of your life."

10. Sharkman645

Sharkman645 Registered User +

ive been told by (grooms name) that if i do a good best mans speech today i can do it again at his next wedding

11. wesgt

wesgt Paid Member

funny but may not go down too well :haha:

12. malcolmgt

malcolmgt Paid Member

hahhahahahaha but has to be done!

13. Sharkman645

Sharkman645 Registered User +

It went down well at my friends wedding just depends on the crowd lol

14. weeJohn

weeJohn Paid Member

Thats the one I would use, but I would have something to move onto quickly if it doesn`t go down so well.

15. danb87

danb87 South East England Area Rep

lastw eddin i went too, the best man used, i want too wish mark an katie (katie being the worng name) all the best for the future. oh shit my mistake !!!

people loved it. apart from the bride, which is normal. brides do not like best man lol

16. GTadvanceEP82

GTadvanceEP82 Registered User +

My brother done a big massive one at me other brothers wedding, he done sum speech
    he goes i guess you could say marriage is like the game of football, ya work hard all week and ya make sure to score on the weekend ha
    then he done a shit load more ha, he said the part about if i could say a few wrods id be a better public speaker too ha
    must try think of sum the shite he said ha

some crack listening to a best mans speech, your goin the right route of saying sumtin funny!! everyone loves it liek that!

17. pig666eon

pig666eon Paid Member

heard this somewhere....

where would he be without family and friends who love em..... point at him and say.... right there! haha

18. GTadvanceEP82

GTadvanceEP82 Registered User +

hahahaha the bride will love it!!!!!! hahahaha bet ya the bride would pure hate ya for that haha

19. Vglanza

Vglanza Paid Member

We done this at a wedding of my mates, Best Man give everyman in the place a key, and asked for all of the Brides Ex's too leave in there house key's then he done the same for the groom, Only instead of everyone coming up i came bursting through the door Dressed up as a Prostitute From Amsterdam(went there for the stag) and threw the key at him, needless to say it got a few laughs.

20. Jay

Jay Admin

A mate used this at his own wedding:

"I'm sure I'm not the first man to get off a comfortable seat with a sweaty rag of paper in his hand..."