bit of help

Ryan87

Member +
the other i got my blitz nur spec system put on but i noticed a problem later that nite when driving home from my mates house. when i get to about 3 thousand revs and put the foot down and full boost kicks in it revs up to about 4 really quick then it goes back down to about 3 an a half then it revs normaly an boosts normaly again.

its kind of hard to explain but my first thought was the actuator as i still have the standard one in. The exhaust an the restriction in 1st and 2nd took out is the only 2 things i have done to the car yet.

Any one know or have any thoughts on this????

Rory

Lifer
Sounds like a slipping clutch.
Either the clutch is on the way out, or the crank seal has burst and contaminated the plate.

Ryan87

Member +
This has only started when i got the system put on never had any problems before that. cud it be as serious as what u say?

Ryan87

Member +
havnt got a boost gauge in it yet the car is standard the first thing i done was the exhaust. y what do you think jay?

dac69er

Super Moderator
clutch. the new exhaust has probably freed it up a bit and let the car boost up quicker and create a bit more power. therefore making the clutch slip.

was probably right on the borderline of gripping before hand, now its gone. still driveable but need to think of changing if you want to give the car any.

Ryan87

Member +
cheers lads no warning lights are coming on so a dont think its fuel cut. took it out for a run there now when you put the foot down it climbs the revs then drops a few and then it goes on normaly again

dac69er

Super Moderator
cheers lads no warning lights are coming on so a dont think its fuel cut. took it out for a run there now when you put the foot down it climbs the revs then drops a few and then it goes on normaly again

100% the clutch