bonnet raising

GLANZA BOOOI

Member +
thinkin about raising the back of my bonnet but does it not let water or anything into the engine could it be bad for the car at all?

lleey2k4

Member +
Hasn't never caused me a problem with water getting inside.

I can't think of any bad points but for sure its good for losing hot air under there.

Jay

Admin
At last! A chance to use this one properly!

raisedbonnetlk9.jpg

Jay

Admin
I had considered this prior to taking my trackcar to the last trackday.

After a great amount of abuse and some dumbass driving on my part it suffered piston damage and blew a load of oil out of the breather. This oil covered my engine bay and drivers door mirror instantly.

If I had raised the bonnet the oil would have covered my windscreen and under the wrong circumstances could lead to a collision. Instant reaction would have been to put on the wipers and this would have smeared across the whole screen and reduced visibility further.

Another very valuable lesson learned the hard way. :teach:

The risks outweigh the gains in my opinion.

madman

Member +
i would have to agree with jay.. you run the risk of a major accident IF something dose decide to let go..

cole

Member +

After a great amount of abuse and some dumbass driving on my part it suffered piston damage and blew a load of oil out of the breather. This oil covered my engine bay and drivers door mirror instantly.

If I had raised the bonnet the oil would have covered my windscreen and under the wrong circumstances could lead to a collision. Instant reaction would have been to put on the wipers and this would have smeared across the whole screen and reduced visibility further.

never thort of it that way good post :)

GLANZA BOOOI

Member +

Very good point didnt even think of that completely changed my mind about doesnt sound worth it at all now

stuart

Member +
Noticeable heat dissapation (sp) from the bay! but I'm taking my washers off now...its coming upto Winter and rainy day etc, think alot of it is down to personal preferenve too, and the amount of people who say yout bonnet is open too :p