bonnet scoop, fmic

kungfu panda

Member +
hi just wanted to know if any of you know how to blank of the bonnet scoop without using a reverse scoop as i have a fmic now

scared incase rain gets in through the scoop

cheers

monka

Member +
you dont need to block the scoop off,
the same amount would get in whether these is a tmic there or not.

and plus it also allows cool air into the engine bay

jamesbaa

Member +
just leave it open mate, any rain that gets in there would be burnt off anyway, plus it helps to keep it a little cooler under there!!!

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Well I completley disagree, the water can easily get into the sparkplug chambers and cause misfires. Which is exactly what used to happen to my car, it never happened when I had the tmic still there but it did after I took it off.

MJA

Member +
it can happen with the stock leads, the seals on them are shocking. there's no way any water could get to the plugs using magnecore or TRD leads though

cole

Member +
ive seen a glanza with a blocked off scoop it wa like the standard 1 but it just filled the hole instead of turning it round or watever seen it in wrc sales in bradford

kungfu panda

Member +
Well I completley disagree, the water can easily get into the sparkplug chambers and cause misfires. Which is exactly what used to happen to my car, it never happened when I had the tmic still there but it did after I took it off.

thats exactly what i was worring about.

how did you block yours off ?