boost problems!!!

givens007

Member +
Hey guys i just installed a front mount air filter took away the efi pipe and my car is boostin up til 5000 rpm then dying and my boost guage is dying droppin down to the bottom!!!! Is this boost creep or wat is it any1 know????

GT_Irl

Member +
Hey guys i just installed a front mount air filter took away the efi pipe and my car is boostin up til 5000 rpm then dying and my boost guage is dying droppin down to the bottom!!!! Is this boost creep or wat is it any1 know????

possibly a boost leak. Check all your clamps make sure there nice and tight! Could also be that yur actuator is kanckered, u stil have the standard one in there?

boost creep generally works the opposite way lad, like positive increasein boost!

GT_Irl

Member +
it was boostin fine til i put front mount air filter on but will check pipin anyway thanks guys!!!!!

wat does yur boost gauge read when the boost starts to die off? Is there a sudden jolt or does the boost jus come off slowly?

givens007

Member +
as soon as it hit 5000 rpm it just drops down to -0.5 bar should i just put the efi pipe back on or is there another option???

givens007

Member +
and the boost just seems to cut off like the turbo has been turned off!!! if that makes any sence!!! would it have anythin to do with my hi lo vac hoses???

MentaLEP91

Member +
its fuel cut mate...
get used to have a lighter foot on the gas, or get the efi pipe back in, OR get a proper FCD and fueling mods/engine management system

givens007

Member +
ok thanks guy!!! sorry was freakin out!!! Thought i had wrecked somethin!!!! I will add rep to ya all much apricated!!!!!!

MentaLEP91

Member +
no probs mate, just try not to hit the fuel cut untill u sort things out or u could get some serious damage in the engine

lingl9z

Member +
You can also put duck tape round half the filter so it don't suck in as much air which should also stop it, if the EFI pipes a pain to get back on =D