boost reading confusion :/ and my boost button doesnt work

maybe someone on here will know the reason for this because i dont

i have an apexi boost gauage and if i plant the right foot it has only ever read 0.5bar on hi or low boost

so the other day i was in 6th gear and i figured if i roll along at around 40mph and plant the foot to the floor (still in 6th) that when the car gathers boost it reads 0.7/0.8 bar altho as it gathers speed the boost slowly drops to 0.5.

why does it do this? and why does my high/low button not work, i know apparently you can change pipes around that by pass your low boost but sure 0.5 aint even high boost

it may be worth metioning the car has a hks electronic valve controller in it altho it is not plumbed in. the pipes are lying in my tool box because it would never work for me .

i hope this all makes sense

Jay

Admin
Sounds like your hi/low boost solenoid has already been bypassed and she isn't holding high boost. It'll take you to inspect the vacuum piping and let us know how it's all plumbed in mate.

Jay

Jay

Admin
Yeah, was wondering about the 6th gear but thought it was a typo lol.. never know!

96v

Member +
could be the actuator mate if you haven't changed from standard?

sounds like mine when it went, i would hit full boost but slowly dropped to around 0.4/.5

The box came in from japan in a gt that was built for street racing. Mate owned it but broke it for parts..apparently the box was a hand built box with a 2 grand receipt when he imported the car.

Um wel after a bit of tinkering with pipes and my boost controller I have it running 0.65bar altho the boost controller still aint working. I need a bit more tinkering..and its funny as today I was walking about work thinking it may be actuator so il see if I have one lying around to change over....

I will get more pics and info up as to how my car is all piped up cuz I dont think its done correctly..i have pipes coming from the inlet mani, fuel pressure regulator, dump valve, boost gauge, actuator,turbo and hks evc and realy I think the pipes are just all over the place