Bov

Rumel786

Member +
Well yesterday i popped my head under bonnet (yes my very first time) and i was looking at my air filter, on further inspection i realised i did not have a bov and its the air filter thats making a bov noise, iv got a apexi air filter, not sure of teh exact make though but i never know air filters to be as loud as a bov, does this seem right???

durmz

Member +
what? lol u mean ure not usuing a bov so you have compresser stall? making a noise wich is coming back up through the air filter

Last edited:

Rumel786

Member +
by the lsounds of it the bov noise (whoosh noise lmao) is coming out of the apexi air filter, i dont know if its gt a compressor surge on howeve i didnt know air filters can do that?

durmz

Member +
yeah mate its not the air filter thats making the noise, its just where u havent got all the restriction of the standard air box, the noise from the turbo comes back up out the air filter

1_3LStarseo

Member +
?

What if you've got that same type of chatter even if you've got, in my case, a Blitz Supersound BOV--If I'm shifting between 1st and 2nd maybe 'round mid-range on my RPMs?

Would that mean the gate is tensioned too hard?

I'll get this... tht'll-tht'll-tht'll-tht'll action(noise? lol) then pickin' up and going through 2nd to 3rd it's just my straight -tssshhh-.

1_3LStarseo

Member +
Ha ha, best of both worlds I suppose.

I hadn't adjusted it myself, the mechanic had when he wired in my S-AFC. I'm running the bone stock ct9 without the hi/lo switch and no aftermarket boost controller. He said it was the best he could do to squeeze out the 8.5 lbs I've got now?

:confused:

My knowledge stopped after me and my friend swapped the motor in my driveway. Now I feel like I've got to recite "lefty-loosey, righty-tighty" before I do anything, lol.

Monkfish

Member +
"Angry Squirrel" was quoted before.

Bear in mind I'm not running an air filter. It would be quite a bit quieter and sound more like a wood pigeon if I were.