Brake Set-up?

AntEP82

Member +
I need a little advice here.....

I will soon be running 1.2 bar on a hybrid ct9 with supporting mods, so hopefully will see a power figure over 200 bhp. I was just wondering other than the normal, 3g grooved discs, yellow stuff pads and braided lines - what are the other options brake wise. And how have people found the mentioned set-up compared to standard?

Cheers

Ant

AntEP82

Member +
Not sure if im being blind but can't see much on that thread to do with brakes, mainly handling!

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Other than adding a Cusco brake cylinder stopper & 5 dot fluid, the next step is getting bigger brakes for the front.... like wilwoods etc..

AntEP82

Member +
4 pots? They are ridiculously expensive and probably a bit over the top. Just wanna know wot my options are really

Blak_Mamber

Member +
4 pots? They are ridiculously expensive and probably a bit over the top. Just wanna know wot my options are really

For 200bhp or there abouts mate, you are going to be fine with drilled front disks, braided lines all round, performance front pads, replaced rear pads, 5.1 dot fluid..... that should be fine...

AntEP82

Member +
Yea that's probably wot i'll end up doin tbh. Anyone got any comments on upgrading to grooved discs, uprated pads, braided line and 5.1 dot fluid?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Well i found by adding all these to mine, it has made a great difference and has got rid of alot of brake fade that i had with my stock setup & it feels alot sharper.....

.... i just added 5.1 fluid as i was bleeding the lot anyway so thought why not... think 5 dot can handle higher temps than normal & good for track use.

AntEP82

Member +
Well i found by adding all these to mine, it has made a great difference and has got rid of alot of brake fade that i had with my stock setup & it feels alot sharper.....

Cheers mate. Rep added for you. I think i will just added the 5.1 fluid incase i want to track or when im driving it hard! Might aswell while i'm doin everything else :)

Who else has got a hybrid running some decent boost? What brakes you got?

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Cheers mate. Rep added for you. I think i will just added the 5.1 fluid incase i want to track or when im driving it hard! Might aswell while i'm doin everything else :)

Thats what i thought mate, may aswell change it for fresh stuff :)

Cheers mate :)

RobSR

Member +
exactly what you mentioned at the top mate, plus new fluid :) dont bother with the cusco BMCS, as you could make one up yourself for cheaps.

h3ppy

Member +
i have just done this set up, grooved disks upfornt with yellow stuff pads and grooved disks on the rears with mintex pads. no braided lines just yet.

it is muched improved from standard in my opinion, the only down side is driving around town the yellow stuff aint so good, they take a minute to heat up but its never a problem really. but wen it comes to serious braking they are excellent, alot sharper and i havent had fade yet. for around 200bhp they will be fine. my car runs around 160bhp and they are very good at stoppin it