Brakre upgrades

HorwathBence

Member +
Hi!
Have anyone done some brake upgrade on both front and rear to some other toy s brake.
I ve got no money for some fancy (and awsome) tunning brakes, like willwood or ap....
So I decided to fit an avensis 2cylinder (15"rim) brake to the front, but I am not sure what to fit to the back.
The trouble is that out rear axle ve got a little shaft for the bearing... but on any other rear dic braked toy the complete rear hub brake whatever is fited with 4 bolts to a plane....

I wondered what if i cut the shaft down, mill the plate behind it, weld a sheet with the new holes, mill again, then bolt the new brakes to it...

for ex: the starlet beam axle and the yaris bridge:
37388038.jpg

Glanza D

Member +
not sure about rear brake upgrade question but surely stock GT rear beam would do the trick ?

about your front brakes
avensis twin pot brakes ? bolt on or was spacing required ??

HorwathBence

Member +
Well. Of course the avensis brakes need some adapters, one, becous the ep82 hub hav not got a removable brake, so i ll be using an ep92 hub... than it is larger... much larger...

If i were in the UK or somewhere near, sure i d use a gt brake, but there were no starlet gts near here, so there are no gt brakes....

Jay

Admin
Is this for an EP80?

EP82 discs all round would be far easier to fit and sourcing them shouldn't be an issue with the power of the internet. The only thing against you is the weight as shipping would sting a little.