Brand New Starlet Owner

starletjake

Fresh Recruit
How do everyone, I'm the newbiest of them all, first time starlet owner... but also heavily modded mk1 astra owner... I need advice on my new pocket rocket starlet.

what are all these codes people are on about and how do i find out which one mine is? it's an L reg jap import 1.3 turbo.

Regards Jake

starletjake

Fresh Recruit
codes

So i'm presuming that code is the engine code, for example with my astra i've got the c25xe engine in it... that about the same?

dave-izzle

Member +
EP82 is the chassis code for the starlet mate, and EP91 for the glanza, but that last bit isnt relevant to you. 4E-FTE is just the name totya gave the engine type.

And on a side note, all starlets are imports :)

starletjake

Fresh Recruit
Nice one cheers lads, i never knew they were all imports... ah well.

Well i got it on the cheap £500 just need to sort the engine out and i'll be laughing, got no compression on the second piston, so gonna strip it and find out what the deal is.

sx_turbo

Lifer
the pistons knackered in that dude, need a new engine or rebuild that one :)

the cost of pistons and rings are pretty cheap from toyota.

also you will need to find out the reason why it has dropped piston 2, you dont want it happening again

starletjake

Fresh Recruit
I'm thinking a rebuild on this one, but yeah gonna get to the bottom of this one... the guy who owned it before me has just blown up his second glanza in week... so i'm thinking it's had too much thrash.