Can Any One Help

turbostar

Member +
Hey Im Quit New To This Site I Signed Up A Whil Ago But Im Not Big On Computers N Forums Lol I Have A J Reg Ep82 Fmic, Cold Air Feed Air Filter, De Cat, Apexi Back Box, Bailys Dump Valve,

Its Running Standard Boost But I Now Have A Greddy Profec B Spec 2 Boost Controller To Be Fitted, And I Would Like To Find Out Relisticly What Boost Psi Etc The Engine Standard Internals Can Take Safley? And Is Ther The Possibility That It Will Start To Hit Fuel Cut? Any Help Would Be Much Appreshiated Thanks Dan.

Oh N Just To Confirm The Standard Boost Is It 0.6 Low And 0.8 Of A Bar Hi? Whats This In Psi? Cheers Dan

dac69er

Super Moderator
its boosting higher than standard then. may have adjustable actuator or something?

to keep below fuel cut you can run about 0.85-0.9 bar. the boost controller should help the boost come on stronger though.

in standard form the standard turbo and engine will be fine with 1bar. not alot of point going any higher with the standard turbo.

for this you will need either a fcd and something to alter the fuelling to compensate, GReddy emange, a jam/blitz ecu or another ecu. in every case you should really get the fuelling checked out and mapped correctly if necassary.

turbostar

Member +
no its running standard boost at the moment witch i think is about 0.6 bar on low boost and 0.8 bar hi boost (is tha correct or am i wrong with the boosts? lol

Standard boost is 0.45 bar in Low boost and 0.6 bar in High boost.

If you fit an aftermarket free flowing manifold such as the SPS one you can then adjust the boost to 0.8 bar on high. If you go any further you will be needing a fuel cut defender and some form of fueling mods.

Mike_ep91

Member +
the standard engine will take up to 1-1.1(15-17psi) but you need to have the supporting fuelling mods..i.e fuel pressure regulator,fuel cut defender,air/fuel controller or a piggyback ecu (greddy/blitz/jam)to make sure ya dont blow the engine.

standard low boost is .45 bar(7psi) and hi boost.65 bar(9psi)

hope this helps.

Jay

Admin
Just to clarify on the boost levels dude..

In standard mode and untampered with:

High Mode

Runs .65 bar of boost offering 135ps @ 6,400rpm and 16.0kg-m of torque.

Lo Mode

Runs .40 bar of boost offering 115ps @ 6,400rpm and 14.8kg-m of torque.

Cheers,

Jay

(All figures taken from the original Toyota showroom brochures)

turbostar

Member +
Just to clarify on the boost levels dude..

In standard mode and untampered with:

High Mode

Runs .65 bar of boost offering 135ps @ 6,400rpm and 16.0kg-m of torque.

Lo Mode

Runs .40 bar of boost offering 115ps @ 6,400rpm and 14.8kg-m of torque.

Cheers,

Jay

(All figures taken from the original Toyota showroom brochures)

cheers mate thanks alot dan