Can I get out of a court summons?

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Think I'm going to get a court summons to assist in a murder case that happened in the north, but the guy is being tried in the South.

They want me to explain the taxi system my company supplies cause the guy got some taxis from a certain company. I've met the police, got them their info and also met them again to explain how the system works.

I really don't want to go.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
i think a doctor is the only person that can get you out of this! good luck!lol

Poo!!! Wouldn't mind if it was local, but will need to be in Dublin for 10am, with morning traffic your talking a 7am start I would imagine.

Does my employer have to pay me full wage and not use it as a day off?

taylor_88

Member +
i got summs a couple years ago for seeing a drink driver leave the pub and driving off i never went had a letter summonsing me to go still never went as forgot to but i never heard anything after but with yours being a murder case may be taken more seriously

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
i got summs a couple years ago for seeing a drink driver leave the pub and driving off i never went had a letter summonsing me to go still never went as forgot to but i never heard anything after but with yours being a murder case may be taken more seriously

wonder wot would happen if I had holidays away paid for, I don't like, but just curious if they'd have to fork out a refund for me!

scot-ish

Member +
you have to go, end of, some employer pay you, other get you to claim it back, as said, you get food and travelling aswell

Johnny_C

Lifer
i had to go up north for a trail a few years ago,3-4 days i think,took abt 3 months for the pricks to send out my expenses.

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
At the end of the day, it's not about you, surely it's about making sure someone's held accountable for their crime? Think how you'd feel if someone in your family got murdered, and people didn't want to testify...

Beaker

Member +
Someones dead and you don't want to get stuck in traffic! Come on, be serious. As said, imagine if it was your family grieving.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
I've given them all the info I know, dunno what effect me saying infront of a court is going to have to repeat what I've already told them.

Chill out guys!

But I do like expenses! TGTT meet anyone? The foods on the government :p

jodielocks

Member +
The police cant stand up and use your statements as evidence, it has to come from you.

They will pay your expenses, and will give you a form to fill in. You wont get the money back straight away, but if it is a long journey for you - make the most of it (nice hotel etc), get your boss to say that you are taking unpaid leave as well for this so you can claim back earnings lost as well. That should make it worth your while :)