Canadian with a JDM EP82GT.

Elter

Fresh Recruit
Hey, everybody. My name is Andrew and I live in Canada. There are, like, ten people in this country with EP82/Glanzas and basically no resources for parts information. I've found a ton of great info on this forum already so I just want to say thanks in advance.

I've loved these cars since I was 15. I'm 27 now and finally found one this past summer. I've never been happier with a car and I'm stoked to start this build in the spring.

Here's a bunch of shots I've taken over the past while.

http://imgur.com/a/jNYS9

Currently have a set of Toms New Actions in storage and a ton of plans for the build. Nothing too crazy but this is what I have in mind so far:

-Cusco mechanical diff.
-Frontmount intercooler (still not 100% on what my plan is there)
-Oil catch can
-Half rad - angled with thermal partition
-Re-routing the scoop to feed the intake
-Boost controller
-Cams - not sure where to look. Bigger lobes, but I'm not even sure of the stock specs so that'll be a learning experience.
-Stiff and adjustable suspension (again, not too sure what the plan is)
-Stripped interior + sound deadening removed
-Bigger injectors
-Toms adjustable spoiler
-Short-shifter
-Dash-integrated gauges + shift light
-Turbo-back exhaust/cat delete
-Heat-wrapped pipes

Stock turbo, for now anyway. I like that quick spool. The goal is to reach at least a 10:1 power to weight ratio while also increasing traction as much as possible. I figure getting the weight down to 1700 pounds won't be too difficult and if I can pull 12psi out of the turbo plus a lot more cold air and a less restrictive exhaust I figure I can hit 170 - 185 horsepower.

So that's the plan, for now. If anyone has any input or suggestions, I'm all ears. I'll probably be bugging everyone with my "how can I get this stuff to Canada" questions a fair amount, so, sorry in advance.

Jay

Admin
Welcome aboard Andrew,

Very rare to see one in Canada, bet you get some questions!

Plans all look good. Larger intercooler would be a safe bet to increase power, strap on upgraded exhaust manifold, downpipe and exhaust then increase the boost. Cams and bigger injectors could probably wait until you upgrade from the CT9 to be fair but don't let us hold you back mate!

Enjoy the site,

Jay

Elter

Fresh Recruit
Thanks, man. I figured the larger injectors/cams would be overkill, but if I'm maxing out the boost on the ct9 I hope to ensure that I have head-room. Do the stock injectors have any issue keeping up with the extra boost?

My primary concern outside of upping the boost is to get more grip and keep the engine and intake/air cool so hopefully it doesn't stress the turbo out too much, not to mention the internals.

Jay

Admin
Stock injectors are good for 1 bar on a TD04, a CT9 shouldn't trouble them.

Plans are good, looking forward to seeing some progress mate!

welcome
for your power goals i'd suggest some kind of piggyback (emanage ultimate or similar) OR a plug and play ecu (JAM, Blitz, Mines, Toms, Sard, etc)
what's the quality of your pump gas over there?