car wont start

asimports

Fresh Recruit
i have a management light.
i have no spark.
i disconnected the ignitor and the noise of the car trying to start didnt change.
fuel pump is working.
any feedback.........

turbo-roj

Member +
what happens when you try start it? does it tick? when battery goes near flat there not enough power for the starter motor, try bump start!

asimports

Fresh Recruit
i know ye i only bought this car..has a new distributor on it..ill have to try the coil pack 2mo..any other ideas

asimports

Fresh Recruit
its just not getting a spark.have a different coil pack for 2mo..if this dosnt work ill have to look deeper into it,,

J

*JO*

when mine didnt start it was the king lead had burnt through. she was trying to start just didnt have that little bit extra to start. i was driving it home from buying it and went from 70mph to 0mph pretty quick!!!xx

cameroon95

Member +
In my experiance 9/10 its the battery when your car suddenly doesn't start. Get a jump start or take her out for a charge.

Then start to look for other faults

fergalb

Member +
Is the engine crankin at all lad? That was like a problem i had with the glanza 2 days ago , but the battery seemed fine all the dash lights all came on but the starter wouldnt crank? Eventually it did with a pull from another car, any one know does that mean the starter is goin or what?

cameroon95

Member +
Fergal

Your battery may still be fucked.

My glanza had all its lights come on, stereo working but not enough power to start the car. That pull from another car gave it the extra to get it starter, seems like a battery problem. Have you taken it out and charged it?

fergalb

Member +
Fergal

Your battery may still be fucked.

My glanza had all its lights come on, stereo working but not enough power to start the car. That pull from another car gave it the extra to get it starter, seems like a battery problem. Have you taken it out and charged it?

well lad, well i tried jumpin it but was no good good, i never checked the terminals though.. The car is starting fine now but i know it will happen again, if the battery was completely wanked, would it not go from a jump? P.s. asimorpts sorry for hijacking your thread lad,..

asimports

Fresh Recruit
new coil pack on same problem but i found a broken brown wire going into ecu can ya tell me what it is......26 pin plug

fergalb

Member +
new coil pack on same problem but i found a broken brown wire going into ecu can ya tell me what it is......26 pin plug

id say there is a diagram on here some where lad, if ya cant find one try scribd.com, i got one there colour coded the lot

cameroon95

Member +
well lad, well i tried jumpin it but was no good good, i never checked the terminals though.. The car is starting fine now but i know it will happen again, if the battery was completely wanked, would it not go from a jump? P.s. asimorpts sorry for hijacking your thread lad,..

If a battery is completaly done in sometimes it won't start on a jump but im guessing if its starting up now and again then it could be something else mate.

asimports

Fresh Recruit
ok got a coil pack out of another gt that was running. still wont start..put the coil back back into the other gt and that car wont run now.. seems like my ecu is shorting out the ignitor box... i need a new ecu

Rumel786

Member +
Do you need the standard ecu??

As im pretty sure someone was selling the standard one on here a few weeks ago??