carbon fibre ftw

J25GTi

Lifer
got my girlfriend to have a play around on photoshop for me, adding in carbon fibre.. here are the pics.
im thinking about getting cf wings and scoop? what do you guys think?

0762.jpg

Rumel786

Member +
lol tel me bout it.at first i thought i lost my mind :? Looked closer then realised its one digit misin.

J25GTi

Lifer
lol tel me bout it.at first i thought i lost my mind :? Looked closer then realised its one digit misin.

I saw that happen with my dads car, all the digits but the last one was the same, one was. 5 one was. 2, and they were the exact same model colour, spec everything, we spent 5 minutes trying to get into the wrong car lol!

Last edited:

durmz

Member +
i think the photoshop leaves alot to be desired but i do think it would look the nuts mate! never seen one with just wings and scoop, original, out of interest mate, how did you do ure grill like that? ive got same front bumper at would quite like to mesh mine out like that, makes it look alot better, hate that line going through it on the standard

J25GTi

Lifer
You have upset my girlfriend now :L

Tbh, for the first attempt at something like cf and the skill photoshop generally takes to get it looking anything like you want it too, I think its bloody good. I hope she doesn't read this cos you will have just upset her :p

The previous owner did it and its shit, but if you take a bit of time over it it will look brilliant. Basically hacksaw out all the fins and the bar from the mioddle, then with some sand paper or a file file the "stubs" that are left doen flush with the rest of the grill, then you need a bit of mesh to put over the hole and glue it or fix it somehow!

Where you cut the oe bar out, you will be left with two triangle shaped bits of plastic that are black, on mine, if you use tipex for a white car it hides it prefectley!

So that's a yes for the cf wings and vent?

I'm still undecided, because its a shit load of $oney for something I honestly can't decide on! Lol.

Did photoshop it with the cf bonnet too but I think that is too much.

durmz

Member +
You have upset my girlfriend now :L

Tbh, for the first attempt at something like cf and the skill photoshop generally takes to get it looking anything like you want it too, I think its bloody good. I hope she doesn't read this cos you will have just upset her :p

The previous owner did it and its shit, but if you take a bit of time over it it will look brilliant. Basically hacksaw out all the fins and the bar from the mioddle, then with some sand paper or a file file the "stubs" that are left doen flush with the rest of the grill, then you need a bit of mesh to put over the hole and glue it or fix it somehow!

Where you cut the oe bar out, you will be left with two triangle shaped bits of plastic that are black, on mine, if you use tipex for a white car it hides it prefectley!

So that's a yes for the cf wings and vent?

I'm still undecided, because its a shit load of $oney for something I honestly can't decide on! Lol.

Did photoshop it with the cf bonnet too but I think that is too much.

lol mate, i wernt trying to slate ure girlfriends photoshop skills, apologise for me lol, its just photoshops photoshop aint it, never gna look completely real, i like the idea, but, it is gna cost u an arm and a leg, make sure theres nothing else u want that u could get with that sorta wonger.

thanks for that, i did have a rough idea, just wondered, may have a go, depends lol im not much of a fabricator lol

Glanza_cl

Member +
to be super super blunt i think it looks kinda gay LOL

but it's your car, a cf bonnet, roof and boot might be kinda cool, but i think it just makes the wings unessessarily stand out.

if you like it go for it... be different for sure.

Rumel786

Member +
I think wings look nice as standard, not in CF, The bonnet scoop loks sweet, would look better it if were a reverse scoopt though i think?

milloman

Member +
Nice to see u on here mate, its Ben the previous owner of that V! She's lookin sweet mate :)

I think on a white car having the wings done would look a little odd... but i'm of course willing to be proven wrong :D

Adam_Glanza

Member +
i think it looks horrible to be honest, i dont like the way the colour breaks and thats it, if it was blended in then maybe, it looks like its been a crash repair tho to me lol