Cat 2 Immobiliser

Sean_GT

Member +
I have insured my Glanza with Sky insurance and was told i needed a minimum of a Cat 2 on the car before they can send my all the documents through.

I dont know a great deal about how it all works so was wondering if anyone on here could give me some info.

I dont think i will have the car that long and dont really have the money for a Cat 1 so im going to go for a Cat 2.

I have seen some Cat 2 Immobiliser's for about £40 which come with the certificate for the insurance company BUT i am guessing the insurance company want someone professional to fit it so the price then comes to around £140.

I think £100 to fit someone that i could easily fit myself is a bit much.

Any have any ideas what i can do?

zee20

Member +
buddy toad do an alarm cat 1 or cat 2....all you need to do is ring them and they send out an engineer to fit it in and issue you the cetificate.

its round about 200 for cat 1 and cat 2 should be less

starbogt

Member +
A place near me just fit us a cat2 with remote locking fobs for 140quid the standard cat2 is 90 fitted! I would shop round tbh. Your insurance company will want the certificate of fitting which requires a business name and stamp from a qualified fitter.

starbogt

Member +
buddy toad do an alarm cat 1 or cat 2....all you need to do is ring them and they send out an engineer to fit it in and issue you the cetificate.

its round about 200 for cat 1 and cat 2 should be less

Wow inflation! I called them when wanting 1 fitted to the wifes starlet and cat1 is 360 fitted and cat was 240 and I'm talking a month ago!

wee-jo

Member +
I got a toad powerkey, which is cat 2, for about 40 quid of ebay then an alarm fitter sorted it for me for 40 quid with the papers for the insurance company aswell.

GTdan

In The Closet
do i search on ebay for toad - i had a cat 1 toad alarm fitted at my work on my old car for 195 quid - think prices have increase to around 210 now.
But cat 2 alarms/immobilisr are around 140ish.

GTdan

In The Closet
Does this work with central locking and put the windows up?

does it also work with turbo timer?

no, majority of time theres no motor in drivers door,so this needs to be added - around £25, plus the windows up ferature is around £30-50.

if you have a turbo timer currently the alarm wont interfere with it.

Theres a guy in leeds area - forget hsi name - but business is safe n sound - hes top bloke and he was the one i was on about.

Starlet_EP82

Member +
no, majority of time theres no motor in drivers door,so this needs to be added - around £25, plus the windows up ferature is around £30-50.

if you have a turbo timer currently the alarm wont interfere with it.

Theres a guy in leeds area - forget hsi name - but business is safe n sound - hes top bloke and he was the one i was on about.

lol safe n sound yeh he did mine alarm on mine top lad