cat/exaust/emisions

gedis

Member +
lads i curently run t3 flange turbo on external wastegate, and have nct/mot coming up in a months time, my standart exhaust wont fit back on it, even if i change the flange to fit the downpipe i i'll be missing cat in it and fail on emisions
would getting sard high flow cat(weld it in) sort out my emisions on 2.5 inch exhaust system?
or would gettin flange changet over to standart and fit standart full exaust and then cut up and weld in random second hand cat(in working order) work?
would any cat work on it?

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I'd get a new cat then just cut the current exhaust and put flanges on it so you can insert that cat for the mot then remove it after.

gedis

Member +
I'd get a new cat then just cut the current exhaust and put flanges on it so you can insert that cat for the mot then remove it after.

waz thinking the same but what cat to get(obviously original one is not gonna fit), i can get cheap one from scrapyard(of what car is recomendet?)
or buy a new sard high flow unit but its very expensive just for one day(nct/mot)

gedis

Member +
got me self 1995 1.3 12valve n/a starlets(uk spec) exhaust, its identical to glanza unit but instead of centre box it has a cat, will this work? is the cat located in the right place for the turbo setup?

gedis

Member +
right lads got toyota cynos(4e) cat as i thought it would be closest to our 4e engines got that welded in where the mid box used to be, reduced fuel presure abit and went for nct(mot) and failed miserably co emisions on low idle was 14 times over the limit on high idle 18 times :( every singe measure was miles out.
maybe the cat waz welded wrong way in? (if its mater)
also i was reading that cat needs to be certain temp to work is that thrue? i mean maybe standart cat is very close to the turbo for a reason

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Yeah the cat needs a bit of temperature in it before it works properly, most people give their car a good rag to the test station to get it up to temp!

Also if the lambda is goosed it will just run rich.

Adam_Glanza

Member +
any cat should work that is appropriate, obviously a cat off a 5l truck wont be quiet right, but if its only a temp job then any close sided cat shold work

gedis

Member +
Yeah the cat needs a bit of temperature in it before it works properly, most people give their car a good rag to the test station to get it up to temp!

Also if the lambda is goosed it will just run rich.

my car does not adjust fuel after taking reading from lambda it has power fc.
as for lambda its ment to be between 0.97 and 1.03 my one is 0.857
i know my car runs tad bit rich for safety reasons but i droped fuel presure by 0.4bar before test. is my lambda showing rich or lean at 0.857?
also does it mater which side cat is fitted?

steo800

Member +
common lads , what all the people with tdo4 do for emisions when going thru mot(nct)

ive got a bzr cat waiting to go in when i pull the finger out

its inlet and outlet is about 2.5 inch so just a case of getting some flanges or get another 2 cats and cut them flanges off

gedis

Member +
ive got a bzr cat waiting to go in when i pull the finger out

its inlet and outlet is about 2.5 inch so just a case of getting some flanges or get another 2 cats and cut them flanges off

hope that works for you, it did not worked for me :(