celica ST185 single pot brakes

Gilly2006

Member +
wondered if anybody has done this conversion, i need a set of bigger brakes and iv managed to get hold of a set of single pot calipers and carriers,
any input would be greatly appriciated and rep will be given!

:)
mike

Johnny_C

Lifer
im in the middle of it,well i have everything,but havnt it fitted.
need to machine astra discs,and a metal spigot ring.

pockrockgtti

Member +
im in the middle of it,well i have everything,but havnt it fitted.
need to machine astra discs,and a metal spigot ring.

I did this months ago, may i ask why you are machining the astra discs? I just got a spigot ring made for the disc and that was it. No problems whatsoever, and great braking power!

Johnny_C

Lifer
I did this months ago, may i ask why you are machining the astra discs? I just got a spigot ring made for the disc and that was it. No problems whatsoever, and great braking power!
as the diameter of the discs go out by the caliper,i didnt want the disc being left with a lip.and i also machined the inner 'face' of the disc where it meets the hub,so it sat in cloeser to the caliper.

Johnny_C

Lifer
interesting indeed. i'd like to see pics of these setups gentlemen, if you may.. :)
few pics from my other thread.

disc comparissson.
DSC00092.jpg

fitted.
DSC00093.jpg

DSC00094.jpg

ill have more pics next week as im painted everyting up at the min.

dark_knight

Member +
i'm guessing silver works well, but only if you have blacked out rims.. :)
what made you change your choice of color..?

lukep

Member +
I'm currently in the process of making how to guide to fit MR2 calipers and a carrier off another toyota (not sure which car i got them off ) that fit onto the standard size brake disc and fits 14x5.5j standard alloys with a bit to clear there aweome compared to the standard calipers.

7eff2e36.jpg

e99f7b3f.jpg

lukep

Member +
yeh they look the same as the levin ones to, the carrier off the mr2 was way to big. The bolts were 150mm apart compared to the starlet @ 130mm apart so I took the caliper to other cars till it mated up to a carrier with 130mm apart, I had to drimel the caliper a little but it bolts up to the standard disc, I'm going back to the brakers tomorrow to find the car I took the carriers off so I can finish the guide.

heres the calipers and carriers together

5d0c38ab.jpg

Last edited: