changing fuel filter and ran into a problem...help please

nicmcs4

Member +
hey there
i order and recieved a fuel filter from my local toyota garage last friday and tried to fit it, when i got the old filter off the new filter wouldn't thread on properly, by this i mean that the bottom nut on the filter would only thread in about 3mm and it shuld thread in like 10+ mm, im curious has anyone had this problem when changing their fuel filters and what did ye do besides refitting the old filter
thanx for any help.

also here is the part no. for the filter i got can anyone check if this is right?
fuel filter no.23300-19495
since posting on the uksc forum i rang the main toyota dealers here in cork and they said that the above part no. is correct

can anyone help me with this

Nwimie

Member +
i bought mine on ebay fitted like a dream i would say your either crossthreading it or its a faulty part.

you can really easily cross thread them mate its a soft metal buy another one and try again.... get one from dave or someone they are cheaper that toyota prices will give you

Jay

Admin
toyota prices are only £7 a filter thats a wooping £2 more than dave. the part number i have and use is 90915-YZZJ1 , i have had no proplems with them at all. looks like you have the wronge one?

Toyota price and part number

Part number : 23300-19395

Price : £36.04

Sure you aren't thinking of the oil filter Mickey?

nicmcs4

Member +
at first i thought that i had crossthreaded it too, so i took it off and there is no damage to the threads on either the new filter or the lower nut and then the old filter went on perfectly again and has been working ok and is not leaking

nicmcs4

Member +
Wrong thread in the filter then?
Does the part number on the filter match whats on the box?

that i don't remember but i did check the no. on the silvery label on the old filter aganist the one on the new filter and they did match.

would it be lively that i got a filter with the wrong size thread on the lower connection?

Stryfe_NZL

Member +
Wierd, if the old one came off ok, and its the same part number then check that the thread its going onto is clean... (also check the internal thread on the filter)

I use a FRAM filter part number PH4967 on mine.

Jay

Admin
I would head back to the Toyota dealership and explain the problem. Sounds like you could possibly need them to order the 4EFTE specific one. This is the first time I've heard of this issue but then again I've only ever ordered the turbo specific part number.

Let us know how you get on mate.

nicmcs4

Member +
I would head back to the Toyota dealership and explain the problem. Sounds like you could possibly need them to order the 4EFTE specific one. This is the first time I've heard of this issue but then again I've only ever ordered the turbo specific part number.

Let us know how you get on mate.

yeah i mite end up doing that its worth a try
thanx jay

Gee

Member +
Yup, double check with Toyota. They can be useless at times when it comes to imports. The first fuel filter they gave me was silver and for some sort of diesel model.