choke on 2nd gear and gas is floored

steeldeamon

Fresh Recruit
I recently changed fuel filter because my previous is leaking and i found that out becuse my engine choked when the gas pedal is floored but when i replaced it i still encounter chokes.

1st gear shifted at 6k or 7k rpm gas pedal is floored no choke but after i shifted to 2nd gear floored the gas about 5k rpm the engine chokes. Can you help me guys

Additional info my fuel is less than 1/4 on the gauge so im running low on fuel i dont know if it affects it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

H_D

Member +
sound like your hitting fule cut,
How much boost are you running and what perfmormace mods do you have?
Does the engine management light come on when it happens?

steeldeamon

Fresh Recruit
No engine light and im using ks rom ecu, short runner manifold and using sr20det actuator. I havent change any before it happend. It just happend recently i never encoyntered it before samw setup. And at 5k rpm my boost is .5 or .6 bar only. If im stepping on the gas gradually i dont experience the choke even on high rpm

Jay

Admin
Would be worth inspecting your ignition components in case there's an issue hiding on that side of things. Plugs, leads, rotor arm, dizzy cap and coil would be the things to check normally.

Jay

steeldeamon

Fresh Recruit
thanks Jay will do that. Is it possible that my engine choke is that im running on low fuel or its out of the choices? What puzzled me is that it happens on 2nd gear and not happening on 1st gear :)

steeldeamon

Fresh Recruit
As far as i know yes buy not stock i know its upgraded but i dont know the rating. I just bought the car 3 months ago and the previous owner doent know also. How can i check if it the fuel pump?

Jay

Admin
As above, you should inspect both the ignition system and the fuel system for any signs of trouble. If you also run an engine diagnostic check beforehand it might give you a heads up on where to look.

Hope that helps,

Jay

Joy

Fresh Recruit
As above, you should inspect both the ignition system and the fuel system for any signs of trouble. If you also run an engine diagnostic check beforehand it might give you a heads up on where to look.

Hope that helps,

Jay

hello..regarding the above problem..i have had my car checked today..and found that i have a boost leakage..its where the manifold bolts on to the turbo and where the manifold bolts on to the external wastegate :s