Civic Esi stolen in Glasgow

jezza

Lifer
Woke up this morning and looked out my window and my daily driver was missing. REG is L493 UGG

Had all my tools, the mani off my starlet and my sons car seat in it. Gutted!

The police said they are popular with thievs as they are apparently easy to steal. Don't know how they managed as there was no broken glass.

The can of de-ider I had in the passenger footwell was used and thrown away nearby. The police took that on the off chance they might get prints off it.

PICT0165.jpg

Dave.

Member +
Scum mate... :(

Hope they catch them, must have some balls (or no respect) to be doing shit like this, and even hanging around to de-ice it.

I think it must be getting more common

Dave

jezza

Lifer
Really pissed off. Keep remembering things that were in the boot! Starlet bits being the most valuable.

Hope they recover it. Doubt I'll get much for it from insurance company.

A2KLAU

Member +
EG shape Civic, the security on these is very minimal I can safely say that, door lock barrels is the weak spot from waht I hear in my Civic owning days. Factory alarm systems are next to useless on them as well. To keep them safe need some sort of Cat 1 system that has immobiliser etc etc.. you will be surprised if you know what you are doing to start a Civic up.. but what bugs me is how they managed to undo the steering lock.. unless they litterally trailered it or something away?! But the can of de-ice meant they must have driven it..

Its a shame mate, even if its a daily drive anything that is taken from you is wrong!! I hope they recover the car and all your parts!

The sad news is with the ESi so many parts are interchangable between the EK shape Civic and even the Integra DC shape so there is a huge market for the bits from it, even the wireing loom as its OBD1, so means a kid who started life with a 1.5lsi EG with duel point fuel injection can now straight swap the loom and plumb in a 1.6 ESi engine with multipoint fuel injection or a B series DOHC engine, and it will be plug and play!

Good luck with getting the car back mate! I'm around the Birmingham way and I know around here there is a sizeable Civic population, so I'll keep an eye out just incase it works its way down south.

SupaStu

Member +
Bet it was wee neds, probably be found dumped on some estate somewhere, or they might just drive it around for a bit, I doubt it would go further than Glasgow, might even be ones that live close to you.

Bad news, did the car still have your alloys on it?

jezza

Lifer
Bet it was wee neds, probably be found dumped on some estate somewhere, or they might just drive it around for a bit, I doubt it would go further than Glasgow, might even be ones that live close to you.

Bad news, did the car still have your alloys on it?

Yeah my wheels were still on it. Unique as they were powder coated white. Should have left the steel wheels on it!

Might do a tour about locally and see on the off chance I might spot it. The security will def be getting upgraded if I do get it back in one piece. I live in a quiet area so they wouldn't have had any disturbances.

John757

Member +
Sorry to hear mate...It's a horrible feeling isnt it, just had my Starlet stolen a few weeks back. Only had it 3 weeks aswell. Like yourself if I get it back (doubtful) or I get another Starlet, the security is going to be maxxed out. Hope you get it back in one piece fella...or at least a half decent insurance quote instead. I wish public hanging was brought back sometimes, bet that would cut crime alot.

jezza

Lifer
Got a phone call at 11 last night saying my car had been recovered. Apparently it was spotted very near to where I live and abandoned outside a pub opposite the police station half a mile away from where I stay.

The police still have it so I'm yet to see what damage they have caused and whether my boot has been cleared!

Relieved its now in safe hands

cole

Member +
Got a phone call at 11 last night saying my car had been recovered. Apparently it was spotted very near to where I live and abandoned outside a pub opposite the police station half a mile away from where I stay.

The police still have it so I'm yet to see what damage they have caused and whether my boot has been cleared!

Relieved its now in safe hands

glad youve found it mate but the real thievs are the police them selvs

wait till you get the bill through for recovering it etc ...

cole

Member +
You're jokin....

Is that standard procedure?

well when my brothers quad got stolen

hes well known and he got it back within 2 hours of it being nicked
he found it in a van at the back of a pub after a few threats was made

the police came and recovered it they then said were keeping it to do finger prints etc ...

they had it for over a week ( and would of had it longer if my brother didnt go down the station and demand to speak to the main bloke )

they charged him for storing it .... and everything

his bill was over a grand

and he found the thing himself !

so you tell me ... who are the real thievs ?

jezza

Lifer
That's shocking.

If I dont get a call today I'll be getting some answers as to how long they will have it and if there are fees involved.

cole

Member +
That's shocking.

If I dont get a call today I'll be getting some answers as to how long they will have it and if there are fees involved.

they charge you for storing it mate

its fucking crazy !

and theyl keep it as long as they can to make more money out of u

Big_Daddy

Member +
they charge you for storing it mate

its fucking crazy !

and theyl keep it as long as they can to make more money out of u

Ouch :p If it cost more than the car, tell em to keep it unless you love to bits:slap:

Thats a bloody rip off!

SupaStu

Member +
Good news man, that sounds like a load of balls being charged for it, fuck that, if I were you I would be up at the cop shop getting it out of jail asap.

Police stations are open 24/7 hopefully you can get it out of jail free ;)

EG civics are the most commonly stolen car in Glasgow i rekon. When i had my EG thats all i was told,i went and put a viper cat1 pager alarm on it and it was never touched.Glad you got it back.Where abouts was it found? Milton? lol