Claiming for personal injurys?

lingl9z

Member +
So I had an accident last year and my back/neck felt a bit a few hours after, Never claimed for it when I went through the insurance as I assumed the pain would go away. I've had this pain on and off for around 6months an, mainly when I sit or try and sleep + I can't sit up straight anymore too much pain.

The other day I got a phone call from the insurance/Solicitors regarding my back pains and weather it's got any better or not as I didnt want to claim when it happened, so I told them that I do and it's got worse since then. Though I did explain that the crash wasnt fast and it was side Impact so I didn't want to blame it on that etc.

They said it's still very possible that it could have been due to the accident as a small jolt in either direction is enough to cause this.

They told me there going to put a claim through for me, now the question is... If they don't win, do I have to pay there legal fee's as I don't wan't to be stuck owing money when I could pay to get my back looked at.

Cheers sorry for the essay, Rich.

lingl9z

Member +
Cheers dude, the paper work I've got's a bit weird, one part say's if unsuccessful you'll have to pay the legal fee's, then on another bit it say's your insured and won't be made liable to pay... lol I guess I'll have to give them a call tomorrow and see.

Reps.

Gav_Kara

Member +
No mate it should be no win no fee,when i had mine i won the case walked away with £4000 and didnt have to pay them a penny cause the other insurance company pay all costs,took me 18months tho had to go physio etc

*starlet_babe*

Member +
Depends on the company but as already said I would check with insurance. Having recently and currently going through the same thing, I know how you feel and really important you get seen to asap as you'll be so surprised what damage you could of done to your back etc. I didn't realise until I attend physio how much I had hurt my back! and don't accept a final figure until your happy that your back has recovered as they will try to advise you that they are going to put forward a certain figure to them, have your wits about you. Any questions just feel free to pop my way if I can help I will xx

lingl9z

Member +
Thanks girls, have some rep, It seem's to have been getting worse and worse, I'm losing crap loads of sleep over it to the point it's affecting how I work etc. I even bought a memory foam mattress as I assumed my mattress couldn't have been helping, unfortunately it's not getting better which kinda sucks! Tbh I never thought I'd have the aches/pains this long afterwards hence not claiming it at the time! Problem is the work I do I'm often sitting down for a good 8hours as I'm an audio visual technician so set up conferences and big events then tech them at a desk.

It get's to the point I'm fidgeting so much that everyone ends up looking at me, thus not very professional :( I could potentially lose my job if the problems persist or get worse.