Classifieds Sections - All Members Please Read*****

gv1.3

Admin
Hi all,

recently we have seen the amount of sales gone bad increase dramatically. When a sale goes bad between two people a member of staff is usually contacted and tries to act as a go between. Unfortunately we do not have the time to do this and as these sales are private between two people we CANNOT do anything to get you your money back. I bought an item off a member nearly two months ago for £150 and still have not received it so I feel your pain!

So our options are these:
-Stop all private sales on the site (I dont think anyone wants that)
-Crack down on rogue sellers

THIS IS IMPORTANT PLEASE READ IT:

If any of below are not obeyed the seller will be permanently banned from selling on this website!

- All items advertised for sale must be posted in a reasonable amount of time
- All items must be as described in the for sale thread
- All items must have a picture showing condition of the item

To the buyer: IF YOU ENGAGE IN A SALE WE CANNOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE SALE - THAT IS FINAL - END OF STORY.

Use a method of payment such as paypal so you can dispute the sale if something goes wrong.

In the event of a sale going bad where any of the points above have not been met by the seller the buyer can email dispute@toyotagtturbo.com with full details of the transaction and we will ban the member from selling on the site and or totally ban the member from the site at the discretion of staff.

As a last word to sellers - be fair, dont mess members about and treat people how you would like to be treated.

As a last word to buyers - we offer a classifieds section for the convenience of our members but we cannot be responsible for those who choose to use it. When you enter into a transaction with a private seller be aware that we cannot assist you if it goes wrong.

Ultimately if you want to be sure when engaging in a private sale go and meet the person and do the deal in person.

If the amount of bad sales continues the classifieds section will be shutdown.

Dylan

Dave.

Member +
Can't say fairer than that to be honest.

Good choice Dylan, I hope the sales straighten out a bit as it would be a real shame to loose the classifieds. It may be the only option though.

Dave

Sharagath

Member +
good though.
did almost the same on my local club.
it is even harder with a forum that is visited world wide.

it looks like more and more people are miss using the trust of the common people, selling items twice.

Jay

Admin
A move than needs to be made.

It is a shame that the minority abuse the system for personal gain. Hopefully a harder stance will route out the spammers and scammers.

If it doesn't then kiss the classifieds goodbye. :(

Jay

SupaStu

Member +
What about increasing the post level to 100 before you can sell? It would be a pain for some, but it may result in more regular, possibly consistent users rather than ones that post rubbish to gain the selling ability?

It may also give potential sellers a better background for potential buyers to check?

I agree that there has been too much bad selling with poor communcations/deliveries/description of items and general attitude.

If this was ebay some people would have been sacked a long time ago...

cameroon95

Member +
What about increasing the post level to 100 before you can sell? It would be a pain for some, but it may result in more regular, possibly consistent users rather than ones that post rubbish to gain the selling ability?

It may also give potential sellers a better background for potential buyers to check?

I agree that there has been too much bad selling with poor communcations/deliveries/description of items and general attitude.

I think the post count should definately be highter, 100 seems about right. I do think they should have a certain level of rep perhaps aswell?? Just a thought

Spoonz

Member +

Was going to say bout the post count.
Its not hard to get 50 post but mayb u shud do it has ppl have to be a member for a certain period of time?

gv1.3

Admin
but if you look at some of the issues we have had with sellers recently their post counts were in the thousands... so that isnt really going to do anything. Reputation can be added to the mix but people will then complain that they are not getting rep for their input on the site.

Spoonz

Member +
true.
Could we maybe have another button to see what they have sold in the past?
Like the rep button but wen u click on it it shows everything they have sold?

Jay

Admin
Interesting thought.

Known, regular sellers on the site do usually have their own dedicated thread in the Sales Feedback forum...perhaps a link to that might offer some background?

gv1.3

Admin
I know Jay has put in a monster effort to keep all of the sales feedback threads together so I think the sales feedback section is very valuable when making a decision on who to buy from.

Blak_Mamber

Member +
Is there any way to check what people have got feedback for? like when you can see who has left feedback in your personal user cp section.. :)

gv1.3

Admin
not really.. we make sure its left for the right reasons but think its probably for the best if this is kept private.