Clicking from fuel rail

Heggers

Lifer
Alreet guys, over the last few days a loud clicking noise has started. It sounds electric (if that makes sense) and rises with engine speed. It sounds as though it's coming from the fuel rail.

Could it be a sticky injector? I'll run some redex through it asap anyway as it won't hurt, but has anyone else had this?

Any advice, possibilities, pros and cons please :)

Cheers,
Ross

Heggers

Lifer
ICV=idle control valve? That's on the the top right of the inlet? This sounds like it's coming from the left hand side the bay. Sticking me head in that's where it sounds like it's coming from, not 100% though, mate

KrissyB

Member +
Mine are uber loud since I changed my fuel rail to a custom one, I'm running SARD 550cc's It's bloody annoying I'd love to know how to shut it up or whats cuasing it too dude.

Heggers

Lifer
Lol, mine aren't quite so extreme... Standard injectors haha, but it's only started in the last few days. Bit confusing.

Heggers

Lifer
It's definitely on the inlet side of the engine. would a cracked inlet mani make a clicking noise? Doesn't sound like any air escaping to me, though

Nippon

Member +
ICV=idle control valve? That's on the the top right of the inlet? This sounds like it's coming from the left hand side the bay. Sticking me head in that's where it sounds like it's coming from, not 100% though, mate

ICV is on the left of the inlet mani, opposite from the throttle body. It could be that.

Could be that the cam gears need tensioning:
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?41558-got-a-rattly-top-end-*

Failing that. When was the last time you changed your oil? Could try changing it and see if it quietens down.

Nippon

Member +
Mine has a bit of a click and i have just had the top end rebuilt so can meet up and compare if you like. Could be perfectly normal.

Heggers

Lifer
Just gone and unplugged the ICV and guess what? Click has gone, cheers guys. So does it just need replacing/cleaning?

Nippon

Member +
Clean it first and see it it clears. If not they buy a new one.

Thinking about it... Unless its causing any issues with idle then no real reason to replace it. Unless the clicking is that unbearable for u.

sx_turbo

Lifer
then theres nothing to worry about.

both the injectors and idle control valve tick, some injectors tick more than others, but it's absolutely nothing to worry about, unless your getting running issues then it nothing to worry about.

if your worried about it overfuelling, the best advice is to go and get it checked professionally.