clutch master or slave cyl?

bridog

Member +
hi all ,

i have a problem with either my master cylinder or my slave . it has got to the point now where if you rest your foot on the clutch pedal it will sink to the floor with no resistance. You then have to sort of pump it a few times to get even a little bit of a bit on the clutch.

i have had a look round the 2 cylinders and there is no obvious leaks or anything that would raise a question

what do you think ?

any help would be great
thanks

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Possibly related, my clutch if I press it to the floor and hold it there for a min or so the bite point comes right down to the floor instead of being further up.

Like yourself theres no visible leaks.

dac69er

Super Moderator
assuming you have no air in it and the fluid level is fine then i would say its the seals inside your master cylinder. just get a replacement.

bridog

Member +
ok cool . ill order one tomorrow , i guess ill have to bleed the sysytem then , is that an easy 1 person job ?

dac69er

Super Moderator
you really need 2 people but can be done with one person if you get one of those brake bleeding valve things!

Jay

Admin
Good advice, I recently suffered a fading clutch pedal on my GT. The black bits in the fluid were probably the remains of the cylinder seals. In my case I needed both slave and master cylinders.

bridog

Member +
ok cool ,

ive got a master coming tomorrow , so ill fit that on the weekend and hope itsolves the problem !!

thanks to all that have helped :)