coilover rebuild/repair

Duggy

Member +
alright, i have a set of cusco coilovers and my front left is leaking does anyone know of a reair kit for these or a company which rebuilds the damper? heard its about £140 a shock to get thm rebuild but not sure where to get it done, Im in central scotland if that helps. Cheers duggy

Ted

Member +
went through the same thing myself. cusco coilovers just dont seem to be rebuildable. lovely thing to clean up and put on a wall tho

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I think I got a quote from this place to do them: http://www.mickgardnerracing.com/

However, when changing shocks you're meant to do the pair ie both fronts so by the time you've done that you may aswell get a full new set imo. When my cusco went I managed to buy a second set of leaky one's and one complete set but then changed them anyway, so if you really want to keep them best bet may be to try and find another set to canabalise!

Duggy

Member +
thanks for the replies a full new set is going to cost rakes :( bad times ahead, could i buy 2 new front ones and keep th 2 back ones??

Duggy

Member +
thats wht i got told from a guy today at work ur looking around the 500-600 mark for new ones though :(