confused!!

Ep_Jimmy

Fresh Recruit
:confused:
Hi im new 2 the site and have a couple of quick questions....
i havnt typed anythin accept txt msg's for bout 2 years so forgive me for any spellin mistakes!!

First of all i own 2 starlets both of which i managed to get for free!!
: 1989 ep71 3dr 1.0L xl
: 1993 ep82 3dr 1.3 efi 2e-e
I am tryin to find an engine to put into the ep71... but am unsure of what to put in!!??.

I want a bit of power but nothing mental yet as im just starting the build...
The ep71 is currently stripped and waiting for a new lump...

Just thought i'd ask wot would be the handiest/relatively cheapest engine to go for?

Secondly does any1 know if the offset/stud pattern on the ep71 starlets differ from an ae86 rolla?? as im lookin for a set of second hand wheels...

ep_chen

Member +
has the 4EFTE cross your thoughts mate? Perfect fit but ther r also other engines which can be cramped into your car. Just a matter of choice.

Ep_Jimmy

Fresh Recruit
It has but i kinda wanted to stay n/a... i have a thing for ae86's... love the rasp!! kinda wanted to build a baby cam!! was thinkin more along the lines of a 4age but unsure of differences in mounts and drives etc...

ep_chen

Member +
Not too sure bout the mounts but if N/A is your way, i would say 4AGE is a good shot. Could supercharge it later too if your down bored. haha.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
hmm.. the 4a in the ep71 is a tight squeeze.. on those engine mounts u may want to consider a 5e-fhe engine on the ep71.. originally its engine is the 2e-telu.. which is a 1298cc turbo engine..

the 5e-fhe is a 1.5L & has pretty beefy parts.. well it comes out stock with around 120bhp (something around that anyways)..

personally id either make a 5e/4e hybrid in the ep71.. it would really rip the road up :D

kon

Ep_Jimmy

Fresh Recruit
i will prob decide to put a 4efte in it bcuz ill get lazy!! i also have limited garage time... as i had to strip it and take out the 1.0L engine on my driveway... is it very complicated to use the 5e block with the 4e turbo+head etc?.. will prob keep it as quiet as possible without sacrificing power use a recirc dump valve if poss... as no1 in my town will have the brains or the knowhow to notice it would have a turbo without me tellin them!!! kinda want the sleeper look..

Ep_Jimmy

Fresh Recruit
well i got my ep 82 for nothin so all its done so far is got its front tyres burnt off!!!... took it for a couple of runs down a forest near me aswell.. closest thing i have to a track in mayo!!