confused...

andyw

Fresh Recruit
do i
A, sell my auto glanza
b, look into converting it to manuial n the sell
c, mod the auto
d, convert to manual AND mod it...

thing is i bought it mint bout 6 weeks ago for 3.2k... n ive had some offers for it but only at around 2.5k so im losing big money...

i dunno what to do!! :ep91:

pete_r86

Member +
depending on the budget mate. bout £800 to convert i think i wouldn't sell it so soon after buying tho

andyw

Fresh Recruit
thats the route i was considering, its just, i am the least practical person ever and the things i get done, i get done by a garage... i cant decide whether it wud be financially worth it, gettin a garage or someone to do it.

Jay

Admin
Keep it. Drive it. Mod it. Enjoy it.

Use your free hand to wave on the quartermile strip..

:gt-smilie:

tosa2tosa

Member +
dont understand y u bought an auto if u wanted a manual
no car can b in that good of condintion

think i agree with jay tho save u loads of money

Greg0r

Member +
lol well i bought mine as an auto 16 months ago for £2800, with the intention of converting it straight away. I have now sourced all the parts needed and reckon it cost me about £500ish for all the parts and hopefully wont cost more than £500 to get it done (pete @ autofixed said he is willing to do it)

But i havent really had much time to be without a car, so havent got round to it and have started to mod it anyway. Im running 15psi, rrfpr, fuel pump, decat, intercooler and got to say even tho its an auto its rapid

ive got a full td04 kit waiting to get put on aswell, but i really want it manual'd before i do that.

as an auto it is great and so easy, thats whats made me lazy and not get it converted, but do think it takes away alot of the driving experience and top end

C

CaL

greg please!!for auto peoples sake!!td04 it now while its auto and get vids!!

Dave.

Member +
lol well i bought mine as an auto 16 months ago for £2800, with the intention of converting it straight away. I have now sourced all the parts needed and reckon it cost me about £500ish for all the parts and hopefully wont cost more than £500 to get it done (pete @ autofixed said he is willing to do it)

But i havent really had much time to be without a car, so havent got round to it and have started to mod it anyway. Im running 15psi, rrfpr, fuel pump, decat, intercooler and got to say even tho its an auto its rapid

ive got a full td04 kit waiting to get put on aswell, but i really want it manual'd before i do that.

as an auto it is great and so easy, thats whats made me lazy and not get it converted, but do think it takes away alot of the driving experience and top end

Ditto on a fair bit of that - i bought my last starlet (auto) because it was cheap and freshly built, and i think its gay how people give them hard times, i LOVED it, SO easy and lazy to drive, (i do a LOT of miles and appreciated it greatly)

as always, its up to you mate, it takes some getting used to, but i would deffo not knock back a GT because it was an auto!

start modding it, see how it goes, and if you're not happy, get it converted :)

Heres a great guide and step by step on converting, with all required parts :) http://www.tercelreference.com/articles/auto_manual_conversion/auto_manual_conversion.html

Dave

andyw

Fresh Recruit
hey! i didnt go out to buy an auto or a manual or even a glanza, my mate was selling the glanza and i tested it and loved the auto! the fact it just kept boost and was easy to drive like a go kart, but yer i miss changing gears etc.
i think i may kep her and start to mod n decide from there... i guess :)

Gregor are you still going to go through with the conversion now youve got all the parts?

cantbeassed - who are you? lol