correct oil pressure on a vf 24

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
im not completely sure but i think you have to use the oil banjo bolt specific to that turbo or series of turbos.

glanzanut

Lifer
you dont need to restrict the oil feed on ihi series turbos mate, just pipe her up and she will be fine :):freddy:

billybob

Untrusted Seller
you dont need to restrict the oil feed on ihi series turbos mate, just pipe her up and she will be fine :):freddy:

yo do have to restrict it as its ballbearing ...think the banjo bolt that came will the turbo might do the job..

more input will be great cheers

glanzanut

Lifer
yo do have to restrict it as its ballbearing ...think the banjo bolt that came will the turbo might do the job..

more input will be great cheers

no you dont! i asked hybrid/kon the same question when fitting my own. he said no and id tend to believe him. and mine has been running fine for ages:freddy:
why ask in the first place if u know well enough to argue with my answer?

Last edited:

billybob

Untrusted Seller
no you dont! i asked hybrid/kon the same question when fitting my own. he said no and id tend to believe him. and mine has been running fine for ages:freddy:
why ask in the first place if u know well enough to argue with my answer?

ive gotten diferent answers about it just dont want to blow it up

glanzanut

Lifer
ive gotten diferent answers about it just dont want to blow it up

fair enough mate i can understand that, but im just trying to give you an answer from experience :) kon and his mates have run them before and im running one now. a lot of people posted on my thread "oh you need to restrict the flow" but kon assured me i didnt need to. i just used a braided oil line for a heating boiler and its fine. :freddy:

billybob

Untrusted Seller
fair enough mate i can understand that, but im just trying to give you an answer from experience :) kon and his mates have run them before and im running one now. a lot of people posted on my thread "oh you need to restrict the flow" but kon assured me i didnt need to. i just used a braided oil line for a heating boiler and its fine. :freddy:

chees so the oil bolt that came with the turbo will be fine so

weeJohn

Lifer
Use the one that came with it billybob.

He is taking advice from someone with experience of this turbo who blew the seals on it using a TD04 oil bolt on the turbo.

GTnomez

Member +
Ask Glanzanut what way his boiler line connects up, or buy a bolt of Subaru.

You will need the chassis number of the model of car it came off probably.

Hi john,

I have a banjo bolt that fits in the td and vf series but i just ordered a banjo bolt with the same thread so it fits but that would mean the holes in the bolt would be different!

Looks like would have to ring Subaru up but does it really matter on what banjo bolt is used as long as it fits?

Too big a hole lets too much oil through pushng it past the seals? Too smll a hole starves the turbo? Is that it?

Ted

Member +
subaru put an oil bolt with a tiny hole on the ball bearing turbos for a reason.
for the sake of 5 quid why even bother using the wrong one?

billybob

Untrusted Seller
heres picture hope you can see it
13022010221.jpg

13022010224.jpg

Shorty

Member +
i dont understand? why would any one question the bolt thats on the turbo. thats what it was made for and thats what it came with why question the need to change it just use the one it comes with :)

Ted

Member +
i dont understand? why would any one question the bolt thats on the turbo. thats what it was made for and thats what it came with why question the need to change it just use the one it comes with :)

sometimes these turbos are bought without the oil bolt that came with it so when you already have a td04 on the car it might be tempting to use the old bolt.

billybob that is the correct oil bolt.