couple questions

starlet dude

Member +
I bought a 91 gt turbo a week ago an have a couple quesitons. Ok the car came with a boost guage which reads in bar not psi.... car fully stock. Wut is the readin i should b gettin throughout the grs? Also how in the world do u adjust the handbrake?

thechomper

Member +
if the handbrake does not tightin with that bolt at the handbrake lever ,you may need new handbrake cables ,as they can stretch over time,but fingers crossed they will be all good ,as they are expensive to replace,]

best thing to do is put handbrake in off or down postion ,and tighten bolt a few turns,then pull up handbrake ,when you have adjusted and see if it has tightend enough,repeat process till it is tight enough,if it still wont tighten enough,you may need new cables

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
Standard boost levels for the Starlet GT:

Lo mode is .40 bar of boost = 125ps@6,400rpm
Hi mode is .65 bar of boost = 135ps@6,400rpm

If you remove the handbrake surround you can tighten up the cables there - be careful not to overtighten as old cables have been known to snap.

Jay

Nick@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.TuningD
Although people are right you can adjust the handbrake cable at the lever but don't do this as our type of handbrakes need the high movement to work correctly, when i first bought mine it had been adjusted like that and the handbrake doesn't work correctly or to its fullest, more movement allows the handbrake to work better.

And the new shape MR2's are adjusted in the manor of putting the handbrake on, pumping the brake pedal 6-8times and then holding the brake pedal on and working the handbrake 6-8times, thats the only adjustment on the MR2 new shape.

Hope that helps, if the handbrake doesnt work then check the calipers and make sure there not seized, also check the cables are working correctly.

~Nick

starlet dude

Member +
Although people are right you can adjust the handbrake cable at the lever but don't do this as our type of handbrakes need the high movement to work correctly, when i first bought mine it had been adjusted like that and the handbrake doesn't work correctly or to its fullest, more movement allows the handbrake to work better.

And the new shape MR2's are adjusted in the manor of putting the handbrake on, pumping the brake pedal 6-8times and then holding the brake pedal on and working the handbrake 6-8times, thats the only adjustment on the MR2 new shape.

Hope that helps, if the handbrake doesnt work then check the calipers and make sure there not seized, also check the cables are working correctly.

~Nick

Thanx man all help is appreciated.

starlet dude

Member +
ok so more help needed. Fuel guage on cluster is not readin correct i think fuel level sender is playin d arse. Currently my guage is a lil under half tank but my fuel light is on indicatin i'm almost out of fuel. B4 i bought car it was put down for about a yr or so. Wen i took out the fuel pump assembly the strainer was full of lead i cleaned it an put it back up an guaged work wen i put in gas now it has stopped workin again an gone back givin false readin. Any heads up ya'll can give me?