cracking 12's with a 4e

richglanzav

Member +
we have one for the 13's, so just thought id put this up as a guideline for those who wish to crack the 12's with their starlet.

i dont know so much myself, plus strips all around the world seem to get fairly varied results, so just for a rough guideline what would we say i would have to add to a stock engine'd starlet to get healthy mid 12's.

Looseunit

Fresh Recruit
With my 4e with 210hp atw and yokohama semis I did a 13.01 missing 4th gear and only doing 100mph compared to the normal 107-108 it was doing at the time. Would have run solid 12's on the hoosiers with that setup but changed to 5e so never got a chance to do it on the 4e.

Si_Glanza

Member +
interesting, what variables are so much different from the rest of the world?

This is an argument i'm not getting into as its been debated so many times of the 6 years ive been a member

in the UK a stock CT9 will not produce low 13's....i Know this because i hold the UK's fastest stock Trubo time of 14.100 unless its been beated recently?
Where over seas Ive Seen low 13's on stock turbo's with the same spec i was running! and i consider myself a good driver so thats not a factor.

to keep on Topic a UK guide to 12 Second Quatermiles would be good as its alot less herd of here than that of over seas. (a Better way of wording it)

Captin Starlet: Me Getting 12? Best ive done is 13.03

Si_Glanza

Member +
we have one for the 13's, so just thought id put this up as a guideline for those who wish to crack the 12's with their starlet.

i dont know so much myself, plus strips all around the world seem to get fairly varied results, so just for a rough guideline what would we say i would have to add to a stock engine'd starlet to get healthy mid 12's.

Ive Only just read this properly, If you dont plan on forging it dude i dont think a 12 will be possible unless you want to fit a new engine everytime to drag.
If your going to forge then the more power with quick responce the better. theres no simple and cheep way of getting 12's

TurboDave

Member +
I really, really need a sub 13 run and will be hoping for one at shakespeare next month. I agree Si the amount of difference in times its best to stick country/country!

Si_Glanza

Member +
I really, really need a sub 13 run and will be hoping for one at shakespeare next month. I agree Si the amount of difference in times its best to stick country/country!

Yup :D i really only go on what times are achieved over here.
Good Luck Dude Shakespeare is a good strip. just checked your spec you should be far off.....sod law though everytime i went for a 12 something diffrent plays up lol

TurboDave

Member +
Yup :D i really only go on what times are achieved over here.
Good Luck Dude Shakespeare is a good strip. just checked your spec you should be far off.....sod law though everytime i went for a 12 something diffrent plays up lol

:), I'm hoping it will do it it does go pretty mental on gas especially!

Ill never go to Pod again, I went once before and queued all day to get 3 runs it was pathetic!

Si_Glanza

Member +
Thats why i love york, so many people diss it but ive got some of the UKs fastest time on it :S.... on an adverage day thee you get 8/10 runs,
Twice ive been and had to stop and ive neally ran out of fuel because ive had 15+ runs
haha reminds me of the time i was queueing for less that 5 mins between runs my day was over in afew hours as id used half a tank lol

finx

Member +
This is an argument i'm not getting into as its been debated so many times of the 6 years ive been a member

in the UK a stock CT9 will not produce low 13's....i Know this because i hold the UK's fastest stock Trubo time of 14.100 unless its been beated recently?
Where over seas Ive Seen low 13's on stock turbo's with the same spec i was running! and i consider myself a good driver so thats not a factor.

to keep on Topic a UK guide to 12 Second Quatermiles would be good as its alot less herd of here than that of over seas. (a Better way of wording it)

I wasn't trying to start an argument, im sorry you see to take it that way.

personally i think it seems a very bold statement to make and not provide any substantial foundation to support it. i am very interested to hear from an experienced drag racer such as yourself what variables over there are so different that times can not be matched to other parts around the world. you must have thought about what is causing it and how to get around it like any other hurdle drag racing throws at you.

you speak of multiple ct9s doing low 13's as far as i am aware there is only 2/3. do you have any info on who and what times other have acheived?

what engine set up was your own car running when you acheived a 14.1?

Ryan

madmanGT

Banned
si glanza is right it just wouldnt happen over here,i was at drag racen last weekend the guy spuddy on here could only manage a 13.2 or 3 and him wel over 300bhp,there was another 200bhp glanza could only manage a 14.2, so either its the surface over here(not santa pod) or your Q/M strips is shorter than here or here is longer than yours!! ohh and iv seen not so flat strips either across the world,either uphill or downhill..how can times be compared to all over the world if things are like this?

EvilKnievel

Member +
Agreeing on the diff times to diff countries, even just diff towns. At one of our coastal towns here guys are running crazy times on pretty much standard cars. The variables are insane.

finx

Member +
before the long/short uphill downhill discussion starts (however it may still be relevant to your own tracks) all NZDRA drag strips in new zealand including the one that i race at and is home to numerous world records in about every class imaginable are to world international standard and are within the regulations to be so. exactly 1320ft and no more than 1% up or down hill gradient.

this is part of what i am getting at, i am here providing information on track specs etc of our tracks the same information should not be hard to acquire on you own tracks so that you know for sure weather its shorter longer up or down hill
what im interested in is hard facts not speculation. does anyone know the spec of the drag strips you guys race at? are they international tracks? if so they will be within regulations and rules out any query about those kinds of things.

i have not heard of any other tracks around the world with times recorded by starlets on this forum and others that are excessively up or down hill so that can not be a deciding factor.

surface/grip is a good one and defiantly is the difference between fast and slower times. 60ft times are the direct reflection of this. SI what 60ft's were you doing on your 14.1 and 13.0 runs? and at what tracks were the times recorded?

cheers
Ryan

Ted

Member +
before the long/short uphill downhill discussion starts (however it may still be relevant to your own tracks) all NZDRA drag strips in new zealand including the one that i race at and is home to numerous world records in about every class imaginable are to world international standard and are within the regulations to be so. exactly 1320ft and no more than 1% up or down hill gradient.

this is part of what i am getting at, i am here providing information on track specs etc of our tracks the same information should not be hard to acquire on you own tracks so that you know for sure weather its shorter longer up or down hill
what im interested in is hard facts not speculation. does anyone know the spec of the drag strips you guys race at? are they international tracks? if so they will be within regulations and rules out any query about those kinds of things.

i have not heard of any other tracks around the world with times recorded by starlets on this forum and others that are excessively up or down hill so that can not be a deciding factor.

surface/grip is a good one and defiantly is the difference between fast and slower times. 60ft times are the direct reflection of this. SI what 60ft's were you doing on your 14.1 and 13.0 runs? and at what tracks were the times recorded?

cheers
Ryan

we run on airport runways. one is abandoned and was last resurfaced in 1940!