crankshaft oil seal

ibz

Member +
i think its the crankshaft oil seal. the one behind the flywheel.

id like to know the part number for it please.

thanks

ibz

Member +
my clutch started slipping a little while ago, i noticed abit of oil under the gearbox the other day and im presuming the seal is worn.
if i replace the seal could i wipe the clutch and put it back on ?

ibz

Member +
my clutch is now juddering on biting point in any gear, also making a weird kindsa noise when driving in reverse. im certain its the clutch and not the oil seal but could the oils seal have this affect or is it 100% the clutch ?

thanks

Jay

Admin
Oil can leak from the oil seal and get onto the flywheel. It is then sprayed into the bell housing and onto the clutch which would explain the slipping and juddering.

If the clutch has been slipping chances are it will be contaminated and require replacement. There's also the possibility it's seen a lot of heat too.

Best practice is to have a fresh clutch sitting ready so as you don't have to remove and reinstall the gearbox twice.

ibz

Member +
only problem is that i havent got the finances for the clutch lol. its an exedy paddle. thought it would do the job for td04 at 1 bar lol

Jay

Admin
Could just have overpowered the clutch then. Don't put a similar unit in this time - go for something that'll take the torque.

Always worth replacing the crank seal whilst the box is off though. Especially if there's signs of oil weeping out.

Jay

ibz

Member +
yh the plan was to just replace the crank seal. got told i should be able to clean the clutch with vbrake cleaner or something but as iv never done that before im not too sure if it would work lol