crazy turbo timer?!

funny onion

Member +
does anybody else have their turbo timer hard wired into the loom? i didn't have a harness so hard wired it in, and one of three things happens when i use it;

- it will work spot on with no problem at all
- it doesn't work at all and the engine and ignition switches off when the key is turned off
- the engine stays running with ignition on when the key is removed, but the starter motor kicks in

70% of the time the third one happens and the starter motor kicks in with the engine running, and the sound is horrendous! i've not been using the turbo timer because i don't want to have to replace the starter motor as it won't last long trying to turn the engine over if it's already doing 850rpm.

I also have a hks fcd hardwired in near the ecu and wasn't sure if the altered signal was affecting it somehow? :confused:

Any help appreciated!

weeJohn

Lifer
The starter wiring is not in the circuits you need to wire the turbo timer into so I think you may have a wiring error.

funny onion

Member +
The starter wiring is not in the circuits you need to wire the turbo timer into so I think you may have a wiring error.

yeah it's not, did it without a circuit diagram but assumed it was the same as majority of other cars and it worked spot on for a few weeks. just bizarre how sometimes starter motor kicks in and sometimes it doesn't. unless it's earthing out somewhere. think i'll try it with a hks harness and if not try a different turbo timer... :/