CT9 Hybrid

marty

Member +
Right I'm thinking of upgrading my stock CT9 turbo..saw one on ebay and someone mentioned that it was a Speedvision hybrid sooooo..my next question is what else will I need to adjust / change / swap out to get this bad boy on?

At the minute I'm running standard boost (0.65 bar high boost?) with stock turbo, top mounted intercooler and just a few breathing mods (Blitz filter, stainless exhaust and aftermarket exhaust manifold). I'm planning on eventually running her in and around 0.8 bar say so I'm guessing I'll need some sort of FCD device. Then more air needs more fuel so is that a case of bigger injectors or uprated fuel pump or what?

Haven't bought anything yet, just kind of brainstorming so any help and ideas appreciated!!

cheers

marty

oh aye you can see the turbo here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310235605934?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Luke.R

Member +
Mmm £289 for a brand new hybrid seems way to cheap, prob one I'd avoid unless someone on here has used one before.

marty

Member +
it does seem cheap..anyone else encountered them? oh and found a lot of stuff in the helpful info. section to answer my questions..except whether i might need to change the intercooler?

weeJohn

Lifer
A front mount will work better than a top mount, but seeing as you are not running high boost and the turbo wont be producing lots of heat its not a necessity to change it. A higher output pump and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator would keep the fueling in line, its not the best set up (compared to a Jam or blitz ecu or a standalone ecu) but it will keep it safe.

marty

Member +
A front mount will work better than a top mount, but seeing as you are not running high boost and the turbo wont be producing lots of heat its not a necessity to change it. A higher output pump and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator would keep the fueling in line, its not the best set up (compared to a Jam or blitz ecu or a standalone ecu) but it will keep it safe.

seems the way to go is to swap out the ecu..do you think i would be better to just up the boost on the stock CT9 and not bother with the hybrid. seems those things can handle up to 1.0 bar boost anyway..which would do til i get my supra lol!!

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
Personally, If i was changing again from stock ct9 I would at least go td04, ct9 hybrid's aint that much of a jump from stock. So yea I would say either keep the stock and get it up to 0.8-1bar and you will see a nice increase over standard boost, or go td04 and you will see a bigger difference again, but will require and extra few mods, but is definitely worth it. There is always the option of going all out, forged, ecu etc etc... I managed 212bhp at 1 bar on td04 with just a FCD, FPR, injectors and pump and it was a completely different car than the glanza I had at 1 bar of stock ct9 that made just short of 170bhp

lemonboi

Fresh Recruit
I'd suggest getting it straight from speedvisioncps.com. I ordered their CT9 Hybrid and it came in mint condition. Its a straight bolt on if all is stock. Only thing I had to do was modify my intake hosings a bit to get it right. Works great.

weeJohn

Lifer
A CT9 hybrid is a less costly and easier upgrade than a TD04, you can run both on the stock ECU with a FPR and FCD to give a good power upgrade. Things to consider are you will need a new exhaust mani, downpipe, oil and water lines and air intake with a TD04, so the price is obviously more.

Really it depends on your pocket and what you really want from the car performance ways.

yes a CT9 Hybrid offers a gd power increase obviously not as the TD04 way but its far expensive to use this turbo. Im happy with my Hybrid (Tongs) with Blitz ecu and boosting at 0.96bar. Responsive power it has.....

-cuffy-

Member +
reponse is the thing with the ct9 hybrid, although some td04 kits arent that laggy! id buy a tongs or speedvision hybrid. cant fault my tongs hybrid. im running 1 bar and it goes really well mapped on an emanage ultimate although have 370 injectors to go in.

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
I'd suggest getting it straight from speedvisioncps.com. I ordered their CT9 Hybrid and it came in mint condition. Its a straight bolt on if all is stock. Only thing I had to do was modify my intake hosings a bit to get it right. Works great.

Its the same unit, for a lower price. Import taxes and all that guff

glanza4ever

Member +
Or the easier way to have a few more hp is to buy or convert your wastegate to adjustable and run 0.8 , the oem ecu-injectors-f.pump can run safely 1.2 bar...
I did this setup and running over a year now really smooth , even better if you fit an fmic is 8-10 hp more safe and easy!!!
Cheers...

Jay

Admin
I'd recommend holding onto the stock turbo and upgrading elsewhere.

Firing a front mount on, upgrading the exhaust components and upping the boost slightly will keep you amused for a while. After that increase it further and add the fuelling mods required, that'll keep you giggling for another few miles. When you're done with that then you can mess about with bigger/better turbos and then the real laughing begins.

If the turbo blows along the way then it's the perfect excuse to skip to the end.

Jay

marty

Member +
haha jay i like your style!

im still toying with the idea..was thinking of going with a plug n play ecu first and then do a bit of playin with actuator and see what happens. dunno what that turbo of mine is like..think the seals may be gone in it already. as for the front mount..i really like the look of my wee glanza from the front..i swear its the only thing stoppin me cos id have to move the numberplate!

but first things first..compression test and general bit of a check up..and i hear your the man to talk to about a bit of service / diagnosis jay?