dam thieves...

simon-GT

Fresh Recruit
hey, guys, i'm new to here, had my ep82 for few months now.
pissed off atm coz some1 tried to break into my car while i was at uni, just wanted to ask for some advice on my lock? they tried to pop it, now i cant open the door with the key, luckily it was on the passenger side n they didnt steel anything.
thanks
lock.jpg

Wild

Member +
Such a pain in the arse mate! :(

If you have central locking then as Chinaone said, de lock it. I couldnt justify replacing the whole lock set for the sake of one bloody door, especially if it were the passenger side. :)

simon-GT

Fresh Recruit
i dont hv central locking :( i have got CAT1 alarm on there already, but pple still try to break in. think its coz of my double din, looks attractive to thieves even though its not even that good, lol. gonna take it out if i can. think i might just glue the lock back in somehow coz it hangs out a bit. unless they do it to drivers side aswell, then would prob change all the locks, any1 know how much it costs to replace all the locks?

chinaone

Member +
Best bid is to get a set off breakers or anyone breaking up there car. Shouldn't cos alot, if it doesn't come with keys, you can always bring the barrow to the lock smiths for them to make a copy.

L900CMC

Member +
Same hapened to me mate but they got into my car and tried to take it,i jus done away with the locks altogether.

Kelly

Member +
the theifs got in my car butchered my drivers door and made a mess of my steering column.

ive had my car delocked and alarmed, one of the best mods you can do. no point makin your car go faster if its there for the taking.

BomB191

Member +
man that totaly sucks. i got a 5 star alarm you tap the car 2 much and itll go off at you its great. and if anyone manages to steal it i dont have to pay any thing to get all my money im insured for

Dave.

Member +
from toyota, a complete lock set (boot, both doors and ignition barrel, with 2 metal keys and one metal key with plastic trim) is only about £70, we had to do this for my mates car, which was a bonus, as his boot lock didn't work right. also, the locks look REALLY shiny and new, and he's got a good few spare keys...

Dave

simon-GT

Fresh Recruit
from toyota, a complete lock set (boot, both doors and ignition barrel, with 2 metal keys and one metal key with plastic trim) is only about £70, we had to do this for my mates car, which was a bonus, as his boot lock didn't work right. also, the locks look REALLY shiny and new, and he's got a good few spare keys...

Dave

70 is not bad for a brand new set, think i might do that actually. thanks every for ur advice :)

Nwimie

Member +
bummer personally i would de-lock done this on all my other cars not had a chance to do it to my glanza yet tho !

jonno2006

Member +
theres some right theiving scum out there these days, id de-lock it maybe keep the boot lock just incase u have probs with the alarm.

Jay

Admin
Head to Toyota with your chassis number and they can source you a new lock barrel to suit your current key. It's the simpliest way.

Kelly

Member +
I'm well paranoid about his happening to me!! How much would I be looking at to de-lock my GT???

i had my two doors delocked, and resprayed (also had some scatching on my rear arch fixed) and it was 290ish! but make sure where ever you get it done they properly weld the holes up theives have been known to just puncture where the locks use to be coz some people dont patch them up properly.